Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

who sells the box anchor and can ship overnight...Thanks Jeff
Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

www.slideanchor.com

Another vote for the Box Anchor. I have used one for many years.

The small will be fine for your fishing boat. Go ahead and order a large one for the NorTech too. You will never use another anchor.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:07 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Box anchor, and buy the slide anchor while your at it, the small box should work fine for you with enough line.

Only down side to them is that they dig so well that they will bring up clay/mud when you retrieve them. Otherwise it's all good, they will take a hold where others will not.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
thanks guys..Walmart has something similiar to the fortress in 8lb size...although Ive have many concrete blocks around the yard I could use
I've used the $25 walmart vinyl coated fortress style anchors and never had any problems.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

who sells the box anchor and can ship overnight...Thanks Jeff
Jeff-
I have a small box anchor that has never seen water. Sold the boat before I could use it. Its not the polished style. I would be willing to sell if your interested. Again its brand new.
Cheers- Matt
Old 04-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, if jeff is not interested in it, pm me what you will take for it. Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Pick the achor size you need,,,, then go up one.

any will hold on a bring sunny calm day.

I want the one that holds in high winds and heavy waves when I lost my engines that I have thrown over 30 seconds before my boat is thrown up on the rocks !!!!!
Agreed. You will never regret having too much anchor. The chain really makes a big difference on a danforth. I am amazed at what a danforth will hold when it has too. There were four of us, rafted off together for an overnishter. About midnight, a screaming thunderstorm came at us, from the worse possible direction. I was taking water over the transom on my 242 Formula, and Johno was on the other end of the raft up with a 24 Baja. He and I were the only one's concious, the captains of the other two boats were passed out drunk. Johno put a bouy on his anchor line, and cut it. Then, we were all four boats pivoting on a little danforth I use on my jonboat. I had brought it, just to stern anchor, to keep us from swinging. It held long enough for Johno to get another anchor over, and stop our swining before we were dashed upon the rocks. The other two guys never even woke up. I never went to sleep that night, and I don't think Johno did either. In the morning, Johno motored over to his bouy, and retrieved his anchor. I'll never forget, I was sitting in my rear bench seat, at daylight, and I saw the guy in the boat next to me, get up, stretch, and when he saw me sitting there, he said, "Where the fuk are we?" He had passed out right after we got to the anchorage. We had only met him that day.

Btw, we couldn't see how close to shore we were that night, but the next morning, I doubt we were 20 yards from the rocks!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 99fever27
Jeff-
I have a small box anchor that has never seen water. Sold the boat before I could use it. Its not the polished style. I would be willing to sell if your interested. Again its brand new.
Cheers- Matt
is that small for the pwc size or the next size up...could you pm me a price shipped..Thanks Jeff

also will a small box anchor double as a stern anchore..Thanks Jeff
Old 04-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThruHull
Matt, if jeff is not interested in it, pm me what you will take for it. Thanks
Where are you in Va?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Registered

is that small for the pwc size or the next size up...could you pm me a price shipped..Thanks Jeff

also will a small box anchor double as a stern anchore..Thanks Jeff
Jeff its the the next size up. I think they call the pwc "baby" and the next size up is called small.

Quick Reply: Help on anchor size

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.