Notices

Diesels for boats

Old 12-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Supertermoli is from Italie,I don,t see any posts from him on OSO anymore.......too bad ,like Mickeyfin said ,he is very knowledgeble guy.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
MikeyFin,

Who is SuperTermioli(sic) ?
A boatbuilder/designer from Italy who has apparently decided to stay anonymous....
He fiddles usually with 50+ft boats and Surface Drives plus Big diesels and step bottoms.
Come to think of it Buzzis designs are close...
Old 12-20-2008, 05:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stirling
Supertermoli is from Italie,I don,t see any posts from him on OSO anymore.......too bad ,like Mickeyfin said ,he is very knowledgeble guy.
so are you Stirling...so are you...

Tomorrow hopefully Iīll get a chance to look ( and buy hopefully) for some ASD (?)īs that became too fragile for a BIG diesel boat.
The guy who gave me the hint stated them aluminum clad surface drives was rated to 1500hp and that was 1000hp below the rating of the current engines.
I believe Iīll bee seeing somekinda former Patrol/Torpedo boat, I know it tops already ca 65mph.
All I know the engines are all aluminum multivalves, turbocharged and intercooled RUSSIAN V12 engines at 2500 hp each...
Old 12-20-2008, 05:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Tell me more...

Itīs a MasMar47 the last one built but another one has been ordered thou.
This oneīs available chartered with crew for fast cruises in the Baltic and to some places the fastest option too, beats a car and a plane but the run against a helicopter hasnīt been done yet.

AstraMarine also built one Masmar 75J (footer) that tops 70mph... With Triple Jets and triple CAT 3416īs...

Hereīs the Links to the 75 J
in Finnish:
http://www.turunsanomat.fi/sunnuntai...9,1:0:0:0:0:0:
some Photos.
http://www.pitkajarvi.1g.fi/kuvat/Masmar_75/
Old 12-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Registered

Stainless,

I believe whole hearted in the 2-speed theory, my posts reflect us using a "slipper" trans which for lack of a better desription acts like a 2 speed - you can rev the engine higher than normal to get into the powerband and have a slower prop speed. You lock it up and now with the engine running at a higher rpm the prop catches up - 2 speeds. That application has been in European diesel race boats since the 80's - only people here in the US didn't want to here it.

Joe Gere

A late remark...
But it was An American who Built them multispeeds to the European Diesel racers.

* Weismann Transmissions, the one who also built the very first SSM6īs and Pat was the man behind the Kaamaīs.

A Big Applause is Mandatory here IMO.

But Donīt get Pat Started on politics around offshore racing in the US...
Old 12-20-2008, 06:13 AM
Registered

You just can't resist the lure of the Duramax!!!!

You'll learn, the Big Blue "C" leads the way!!!!!
all the Duramax Trucks are good for is the transmission in them.
Not the utter pile of rubbish the engine is.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

MikeyFin - your too funny. Your as sarcastic as I am!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Registered

MikeyFin - your too funny. Your as sarcastic as I am!!!

Iīf you read my posts you gotta have your sarcasm filter on at full....

Truthfully...
The RVīs with C power ( Read Dodges) has the Duramac truck Allisons in them... so Iīm just telling the truth.
Besides GM is giving up on them themselves ainīt they...
Now for the 3rd time GM has F***ed up their diesel projects, right ?

When the rods are smaller than 80 c.i. Twin Cam Alfa Romeo engines you begin to wonder... and inferior in steel too...

I also drive Big rigs for Living... and Favor M.A.N. trucks so I might know something about what stacks up and what doesnīt.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-20-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

MikeyFIN,

Your remark about GM and giving up on Duramax????

We were at a Cummins Christmas party yesterday and I'll just say rumor has it GM has been looking for another engine to put in their trucks. Nothing specific but they said there has been interest especially since GM is looking to save money and using another manufacturer for diesel engines could fit that bill???

You know talk is cheap and bg companies like to toot their own horns so is it true?????

Joe Gere
Old 12-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

Joe..now who of just blurted it out..me or you ?
I just heard it thru the grapevine and if you add 1+1 you might avoid a 4th failure.

C is having a upgrade on their engines in displacement so seems Duramax V8 will bite the dust and I wouldnīt wonder at all. But thenagain if they make the bottom end twice as strong ( lika Banks did) then C will have something to think of ?
Now that story of GM saving money by abandoning and not refining their own developed product is so typical GM.
I just donīt get it and Iīd like to take the bean counter in charge between the ropes to learn some sense...

Oh well time will tell who got a MikeyFIN...

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-20-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Diesels for boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.