Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Future of Performance Boating - Are We Our Own Worst Enemy? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183828-future-performance-boating-we-our-own-worst-enemy.html)

fund razor 04-09-2008 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 2518789)
. And, if some azzhole group wants to try to take my rights away, I will fight it thebest I can.

The downside is that no matter what group decides to go after the rights of perf boaters, they will have greater numbers. Far more people have been annoyed by perf boaters than have enjoyed perf boating. This is a war that perf boaters can't win.

Try NOT to have to fight it if you can.

Of course, people without boats have no right talking with people with boats about what people without boats would think. ;)

pm203 04-09-2008 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by socalstone (Post 2519062)
You probably get the deer in headlights look because the gladiator looks so badazz.

Could be. But, sometimes I feel like I am running for a political office waving at everyone. I always wave to the Marine Patrol as well. :D

bouyhunter 04-09-2008 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor (Post 2519233)
Far more people have been annoyed by perf boaters than have enjoyed perf boating.

And have you ever thought about the number of performance boaters that have been annoyed by performance boaters??

Originally Posted by fund razor (Post 2519233)
Of course, people without boats have no right talking with people with boats about what people without boats would think. ;)

Never used to be that way.
I guess the tables have turned.:D
Buy the Mistress

fund razor 04-14-2008 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2519431)
And have you ever thought about the number of performance boaters that have been annoyed by performance boaters??

Yeah, but that's mostly on OSO, right?

C_Spray 04-14-2008 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The real truth, illustrated by Berkley Breathed and published in Boating Magazine over a decade ago. This one generated a few Letters To The Editor!!!! :hitfan:

jmeng 04-14-2008 01:16 PM

I used to love his columns in Boating. He was hilarious.

bouyhunter 04-14-2008 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor (Post 2524576)
Yeah, but that's mostly on OSO, right?

As of late, Yes.
But it's been winter.
Actually, on the water, most have been very cool in passing.

offshoredrillin 04-14-2008 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:rolleyes:

34Mach1 04-16-2008 09:57 PM

I wave at just about everyone I pass or meet, even the fishheads with the 300 Merc/Allisons. Bassboats personally give me the most grief. I must admit, it is pleasurable to blast by them at every opportunity (while waving, of course!).