Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183852-boyne-thunder-poker-run-2008-a.html)

JB4Boyne 06-11-2008 11:07 AM

Yes Mike, same route as last year with one small exception.
The last card stop on Lake Charlevoix has moved from Horton Bay to a new resort on the other side of the lake. They are a platinum sponsor also and they are holding a finish line party. When you pick up your last card there the run will be officially over. You can then go into there marina for free drinks and food till 5pm. Dinner will be back in Boyne so you will have more them enough awesome food for the day. Bring your appetite.

Did you know that each boat will get 2 jackets this year? Cool looking with BoyneThunder logo embroidered on the front and back and then International on one shoulder and Sommerset Point on the other. They turned out awesome looking.

wrinkleface 06-11-2008 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne (Post 2586845)
I think with your reg. it will put us a 9 Cats:eek:

A little birdy just told me a 29 foot DCB's cat just reg'ed from out of state!!! can we say 10!!!! The more PUZZZZZZZZZZZIES, the better!!!!!!:party-smiley-004:

JRider 06-11-2008 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne (Post 2586845)
Everyone has to wear life jackets while the boats are moving.
You can wear Lifelines as long as you have USCG approved vest onboard also.
Yes, we still have a few spots open. You won't be staying on that cat will you? So you don't need a dock with power?
I think with your reg. it will put us a 9 Cats:eek:

We will most likely be staying on the cat but it does not have shore power anyway.

Freeryd 06-12-2008 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by JRider (Post 2587069)
We will most likely be staying on the cat but it does not have shore power anyway.

You'll be lucky to find your cat after saturday night out at the bars with us all!

Rumor has it that we've got more boats registered then any previous year....any truth to this? I'd personally like to see at least 50!!!!!!!! The more the better!

Ona-Mission 06-12-2008 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by wieland77 (Post 2586821)
I'm proud so say that I once again have the chance to bring up the rear again this year:rolleyes::rolleyes:

International is the main sponsor again so we will be there representing the brand. Hopefully my dad will get his motors done in the fountain and be able to run it this year, gonna be pretty tight... Really looking forward to it. MIKE

Glad to see the red saber will be there this year. Keep your fingers crossed that I show with more then a rubber raft or i may have to ask for a ride from ya. When you going up? Chris and I will be there thursday night and leaving on monday. I need a break from work and gunna make this a mini vacation. Cell phones will be at the bottom of the lake somewhere. I think Erik and Janel will be there friday to sunday. Did you check out the cafe i'm looking at?

wieland77 06-13-2008 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission (Post 2588870)
Glad to see the red saber will be there this year. Keep your fingers crossed that I show with more then a rubber raft or i may have to ask for a ride from ya. When you going up? Chris and I will be there thursday night and leaving on monday. I need a break from work and gunna make this a mini vacation. Cell phones will be at the bottom of the lake somewhere. I think Erik and Janel will be there friday to sunday. Did you check out the cafe i'm looking at?

Will make room if that is the case...

I am going to stay until Monday also, in the past we were not able to check much of the area out. Would like to head up around the East Jordan area. Where was that Cig for sale @? 1991 35 right???

Freeryd 06-13-2008 12:36 PM

we'll take you up the south arm towards EJ if you want. Or at least as far as the narrows...then i usually gotta stop for a beer! looking forward to seeing everybody again this year! and don't worry...i've always got a rope for towing, i'll get ya home b4 dark!

wieland77 06-13-2008 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Freeryd (Post 2589435)
we'll take you up the south arm towards EJ if you want. Or at least as far as the narrows...then i usually gotta stop for a beer! looking forward to seeing everybody again this year! and don't worry...i've always got a rope for towing, i'll get ya home b4 dark!

Appreciate that, and im gonna call ya if i need that kind of help:D:D

Freeryd 06-13-2008 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by wieland77 (Post 2589495)
Appreciate that, and im gonna call ya if i need that kind of help:D:D

You won't need to call me...I'm pace boat for the first group out into lake michigan, and then i switch over to a safety boat. I'll find you before you know you got problems! ;)

Ona-Mission 06-13-2008 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by wieland77 (Post 2589226)
Will make room if that is the case...

I am going to stay until Monday also, in the past we were not able to check much of the area out. Would like to head up around the East Jordan area. Where was that Cig for sale @? 1991 35 right???

it on boat trader. if all goes well i will have it home next weekend.

We have a room for the weekend, then will stay on the boat sunday night. I'd like to stay on it all weekend, but Chris doesn't want to fight for showers Saturday morning.