Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What kind of booze do you keep on the boat? >

What kind of booze do you keep on the boat?

Notices

What kind of booze do you keep on the boat?

Old 04-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NONE

I prefer to keep a clear head and avoid any problems that could accure if involved in an accident.

WATER on the WATER for me.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bootdaddy
Back when I was in the "game" it was delicious ice cold Molson Canadian high test (available in 1000 Islands area)...and for cocktail hour it was a peatty 16-year old Lagvulin scotch, 3 oz. on ice in vintage plastic turvis cocktail tumbler (old school baby)

Now that my I ride the bench it's a few Mich lights for guests (if they behave), water and coffee for the cap'n!
We used to be able to get Molson Brador here.
I miss it.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 2,950 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Hey Tank can I have a ride??

Tooks like we should pull up next to Nort
John, you know theres always room on our boat for you bro! And yes, Nort always has the bar fully stocked!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
I was right there with you until the Coors light...OMG you actually drink that swill?
LOL!

I like it at Havasu in the 100 + heat because it's like hydrating while you're drinking!!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

water for me; wine, beer and mixed drinks for my guests- that way we all have a great time- jeff
Old 04-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered

This is such a fascinating thread, not so much (at least for me) in the various preferences in alcoholic beverages people take on board but in the distinct lack of self-righteous, "How can you even condone booze on boats?" posts. That in and of itself is refreshing, because the "fun police" and "PC squad" usually jump on stuff like this.

On the other hand, there's an "Are we our own worst enemy thread?" going. So I'm just throwing it out there: Do threads such as this contribute to us being "our own worst enemy" in terms of public perception and relations?

Granted, this is an enthusiast message board, so its broad appeal and reach are far lower than many of us would like to be believe they are.

Just raising the question. My answer: We should be able to talk about whatever we want, and unless the law of the land prohibits us from having alcohol on board we can make our own choice. If we screw up, we should be proseuted to the fullest extent of the law. If we don't, it's a non-issue.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
This is such a fascinating thread, not so much (at least for me) in the various preferences in alcoholic beverages people take on board but in the distinct lack of self-righteous, "How can you even condone booze on boats?" posts. That in and of itself is refreshing, because the "fun police" and "PC squad" usually jump on stuff like this.

On the other hand, there's an "Are we our own worst enemy thread?" going. So I'm just throwing it out there: Do threads such as this contribute to us being "our own worst enemy" in terms of public perception and relations?

Granted, this is an enthusiast message board, so its broad appeal and reach are far lower than many of us would like to be believe they are.

Just raising the question. My answer: We should be able to talk about whatever we want, and unless the law of the land prohibits us from having alcohol on board we can make our own choice. If we screw up, we should be proseuted to the fullest extent of the law. If we don't, it's a non-issue.

well, I think the simple fact that the thread is titled "what kind of booze do you KEEP on your boat" not "what type of booze do you DRINK while running your boat" is the major point here.

I think with out saying it, everyone so far has gotten the idea and no one on here would condone getting sh!tfaced while driving. Stay safe, stay legal and you're fine.

Carry on...
Old 04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

Thisistank,

Exactly but ... there's a whole segment of folks out there who freak when you even mention "booze" and "boats" in the same sentence.

I definitely didn't miss the distiniction in the thread title. But there's a whole lot of people who'd love to tell you not even to bring booze on your boat. And I guess what I'm wondering, actually, I guess why this thread is somewhat pleasing, is that we're not hearing from them.

Stay safe, stay legal and you're fine. Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
... And I guess what I'm wondering, actually, I guess why this thread is somewhat pleasing, is that we're not hearing from them...
I think the mood has changed over the last 5 years or so. Theres more boats on the water. We are under greater scrutiny from law enforcement. The likelihood of any alcohol in your blood causing problems if there is an accident.

Guess we've all just grown up!
Old 04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
LOL!

I like it at Havasu in the 100 + heat because it's like hydrating while you're drinking!!
If you want hydration try a little absolute and gatoraid.

Quick Reply: What kind of booze do you keep on the boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.