Notices

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Old 04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
I have that school bus marked on my GPS
Cool!!
When I get my project finished you're gonna need to re-teach me the points-o-danger up there.
It's been about 8 years, and I'm sure there are new hazards.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

PHANTOM - Must be I know more about props than you do.( I thought You knew more about boats than that) Two years is stretching it to the extream.
AGAIN - THE PROBLEM WITH THE PROPS IS NOT THAT THEY DON'T WORK ( as in wrong pitch ) on his boat. The problem is that they are junk ( certified by a profesional )
If you are defending the seller and his practices then this thread should be made a stickey to keep it on top to be a reminder of WHO on this site is not trustworty to buy from.
I sold my empty bravo cases to someone on this board years ago. After recieving them he called to inform me that one had damaged threads by the prop shaft. I told him to send it back to me and I would refund him the original price plus the shipping cost. I never got it back and never another call so I figured that he was just trying to get something for nothing.
I DON'T RUN MY BUSINESS THAT WAY - must be the reason why I am busy while most other companies in this are are slow. You are only as good as your word.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
PHANTOM - Must be I know more about props than you do.( I thought You knew more about boats than that) Two years is stretching it to the extream.
AGAIN - THE PROBLEM WITH THE PROPS IS NOT THAT THEY DON'T WORK ( as in wrong pitch ) on his boat. The problem is that they are junk ( certified by a profesional )
If you are defending the seller and his practices then this thread should be made a stickey to keep it on top to be a reminder of WHO on this site is not trustworty to buy from.
I sold my empty bravo cases to someone on this board years ago. After recieving them he called to inform me that one had damaged threads by the prop shaft. I told him to send it back to me and I would refund him the original price plus the shipping cost. I never got it back and never another call so I figured that he was just trying to get something for nothing.
I DON'T RUN MY BUSINESS THAT WAY - must be the reason why I am busy while most other companies in this are are slow. You are only as good as your word.

You are right.........I do not know anything about props. I have taken them off, and put them back on. That is about it. I think this thread is about done...........too bad someone is pointed out as a person that "ripped-off" someone else but we have not heard his (hers) side yet.

Going boating myself this weekend............hope my props are not crap! No one has said what made these props crap, except the manufacturer that wanted to sell another set!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?
Thanks for the info AIRTIME,

From what I have gathered from previous threads months back is that not only is the 311 heavy and a straight hull but it already has a natural bow lift in the hull created by a hook towards the stern therefore what I am looking for is a "tail lifting prop"

I guess I should also clarify something else as well. I am looking for cruising performance as opposed to top end. Lets face it this is not by any means a fast boat in todays world.

The Hydromotive Quad IVs 24 pitch are the prop of choice for a 311 with the same power according to fellow 311 owners on the Formula forum.

I tried a set of Bravos and got the speeds I was looking for but I had to have my tabs down in order to stop the porpoising. Apparently this is eliminated with the Quad IVs.

Jeff
Hey what do you think about calling brett at Bbladdes , if you need props still you can trust him, and he will tell you what prop on the market will work best. I find that the V hulls our age with stock heights worked good with the merc rev 4 and with your set UP. AND if they work you don't have to have them labbed keep them stock and in a year or two you could lab them to pick up some speed. They should be just as fast as a 3blade mirage plus but better mid range. I need to test some out this summer because I raised the prop height 2'' with a shortie and ran out of prop at 6000rpm. my b1 doesn't hope at cruise speed because of the height I think. THE REV4 was a hidden jewl to a lot of older straight Vs Brett was trying to have merc make them in higher pitches since they were working good. hope this helps I wasn't sure I you understood what I mean and I guess I won't to night. Good luck art ps I have used a hydro turbo's before worked good as my mirage did when I was running stock 502.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 04-10-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: to add
Old 04-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Hey what do you think about calling brett at Bbladdes , if you need props still you can trust him, and he will tell you what prop on the market will work best. I find that the V hulls our age with stock heights worked good with the merc rev 4 and with your set UP. AND if they work you don't have to have them labbed keep them stock and in a year or two you could lab them to pick up some speed. They should be just as fast as a 3blade mirage plus but better mid range. I need to test some out this summer because I raised the prop height 2'' with a shortie and ran out of prop at 6000rpm. my b1 doesn't hope at cruise speed because of the height I think. THE REV4 was a hidden jewl to a lot of older straight Vs Brett was trying to have merc make them in higher pitches since they were working good. hope this helps I wasn't sure I you understood what I mean and I guess I won't to night. Good luck art ps I have used a hydro turbo's before worked good as my mirage did when I was running stock 502.
Thank-you for the tip .... I will look into it with Brett .... at this point I have nothing to loose.

Jeff
Old 04-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Thank-you

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to thank all of you who took the time to read this thread and include your thoughts.

At the end of the day it is what it is .....

Thanks again and time to move on .....

Jeff
Old 04-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Two years may pass before someone puts a used part on a used boat. Very realistic. Many people have "project boats" that have NEVER hit the water! Ask AUDIOFN.

Ouch !!!!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Jeff ..... before I did my motors I was running Hydro's 23's .... I could do 67-68 all day and saw 70 with perfect conditions and no load ... there was another OSO'er that was running 24's and he claimed 73-74 but I dont know it for fact ... your motors are 330's? Mine were Mags (365) ... If you talk to all the prop guys they will tell you the heavy V hulls do better with the round ear (B1's) ....m
Old 04-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by got twins ?
There are 3 311s we cruise with and they all have a very slight hook to them.

Mine included ....

Jeff
Jeff,
You may be confusing "hook" with "rocker". The 311's have a slight rocker bottom, meaning the the hull bottom goes up slightly toward the transom. That's why our boats are a bit "light" in the bow. A hook would cause the bow to drive down.

Dave
Old 04-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Jeff,
You may be confusing "hook" with "rocker". The 311's have a slight rocker bottom, meaning the the hull bottom goes up slightly toward the transom. That's why our boats are a bit "light" in the bow. A hook would cause the bow to drive down.

Dave

ummmm .... up as in Concave? to me thats a hook .... which would force the bow down .....as in tabs down .... a Rocker is not a bulge ? Convex? which would make the bow light ? Which brings up the question .... Porposing ....does that mean the bow is too light and tries to lift ? Or is it too heavy and gets to a point and falls ?

what was this thread about anyway????

Last edited by offthefront; 04-11-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.