Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What do you do when you're ripped off ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184060-what-do-you-do-when-youre-ripped-off.html)

offthefront 04-11-2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by ThirdBird (Post 2521747)
Jeff,
You may be confusing "hook" with "rocker". The 311's have a slight rocker bottom, meaning the the hull bottom goes up slightly toward the transom. That's why our boats are a bit "light" in the bow. A hook would cause the bow to drive down.

Dave

ummmm .... up as in Concave? to me thats a hook .... which would force the bow down .....as in tabs down .... a Rocker is not a bulge ? Convex? which would make the bow light ? Which brings up the question .... Porposing ....does that mean the bow is too light and tries to lift ? Or is it too heavy and gets to a point and falls ?

what was this thread about anyway???? :cool-smiley-011:

ThirdBird 04-11-2008 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by offthefront (Post 2521824)
ummmm .... up as in Concave? to me thats a hook .... which would force the bow down .....as in tabs down .... a Rocker is not a bulge ? Convex? which would make the bow light ? Which brings up the question .... Porposing ....does that mean the bow is too light and tries to lift ? Or is it too heavy and gets to a point and falls ?

what was this thread about anyway???? :cool-smiley-011:

Well, not to hijack the thread but, rocker is like a banana-shape. The hull bottom is not totally straight, it rises slightly as it transitions to the transom. A hook is usually at the aft-most portion of the bottom and "hooks" downward. The downward hook acts like tabs in, forcing the bow down. Rocker in a hull lets the bow rise.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.:D

glassdave 04-11-2008 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The hookie/rocker thingie in a nutshell :D

ThirdBird 04-11-2008 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2522176)

Yo Glass,
Thanks for the most excellent graphic.:cool-smiley-011:

Macklin 04-11-2008 07:47 PM

Keep checking back to see if Moeron will chime in to give us his side.

His silence does not speak well for him...

AIR TIME 04-11-2008 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by offthefront (Post 2521621)
Ouch !!!!!! :D

Or me:p, I put 5 hours on mine after saving up for my 2''shortie and nickerson carb other stuff drive. then it gets stolen the next spring with a whole lot of stuff:angry-smiley-038:, that took 2yrs to save for and I still have steering pump for ex steering, I hope I have all my parts otherwise I am out of luck it came from trick 2yrs ago:(. well I hope to be on the water this yearwith a new leg or not! art ps I am reading up on do it yourself knee replacement surgery chit I got the pain pills,NOS gas from the old truck days, just got to get a couple of cutie bartenders to be nurses my basement rug is old shag red and black so the blood will blend in, sounds like a plan I'll tell yah how it comes out later oops just got some blood on my key board got to go!!!!!!!

bouyhunter 04-11-2008 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2522176)

That's classic!!!!:D:D:D
Sums it all up in one simple picture.
Thanks Dave!

Audiofn 04-12-2008 06:44 AM

311's with out a doubt have rocker built into them. That is why they work so well with the Kamma drives.

Nort your a dead man.... DEAD I TELL YA!!!!! :D:D

cuda 04-12-2008 07:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2522656)
311's with out a doubt have rocker built into them. That is why they work so well with the Kamma drives.

Nort your a dead man.... DEAD I TELL YA!!!!! :D:D

302's ran pretty well with Kaama drives too.:)

Audiofn 04-12-2008 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by cuda (Post 2522685)
302's ran pretty well with Kaama drives too.:)

Yup. They also have rocker built into them. I hope that they run well with Konrads as well!!! Of course by the time that I get my boat in the water, maybe Konrad will be gone as well. :D