What do you do when you're ripped off ? >

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Notices

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Hey guys, I am a fairly new member to OSO (Sept/07) and wanted to run something by you for opinion if not anything else.

Towards the end of September '07 I posted in the Formula forum a question .... " Million dollar question .... Which props to use for a 311?"

It got a lot attention ... which I was looking for ... I wanted to purchase some props for my boat of which had the stock 3 blade mirages on it.

There was a lot of great in put from fellow boaters with the similar boat I have ('88 Formula 311 with 330s and bravo drives).

A fellow OSO member "MOERON" posted he had some nearly new props ... a set of Hydromotive Quad IVs 24 pitch for sale.

I think to myself .... perfect that is exactly what I need according to everyone's input.

I contact him .... Ron Truax .... and he states " these props are perfect I tried them and I just can't the rpms out of them that I need..." " They are no good to me so this why I am selling them."

Now by this time it is now first week of October and for you that don't cruise up north (Lake Ontario NY) it is one of two things ..... NO WATER to boat in because the water level has been dropped or it is on the verge of snowing.

I received the props and immediately put them on my 311 and went to launch.

In a period on 40 minutes I knew something was wrong with them or it was to much prop for my boat.

I am by no means a mechanic and don't pretend to be. So I decided to put the boat back on the trailer ... Clean it up and put it away for the winter because at this point nothing can be done as far as getting one of buddies to try them with thier 311s. They have already stored theirs for the winter.

At the end of January this year I decided ... what the he!! ... I have some time before it is boating season again, why don't I send them right to Hydromotive so they can tell there is nothing wrong with them.

Well, what do you think they told me?

"These things are junk!!!" " They are only good for paper weights now."

I ask .... "What do mean the guy I bought them from said they were perfect and that nothing has been altered or changed."

They told me " Someone has hacked the hell out of them to the point we can't fix them properly. And even if we did they would still crack eventually ..... for get the fact it would be cheaper to buy new ones then fix these."

So I called Ron Truax aka MOERON (OSO member name) and explained what I have ran into with props that I purchased in good faith from him last October for $500.00.

His response in the beginning was "It can't be true .... I used them and they were fine."

I responded with "Well apparently they aren't therefore I would like my money back and you can do what ever you want with these props."

He then said " I can't take those props back for $500.00 it has been almost 6 months that you have had them."

I once again explained that I didn't and couldn't even if I wanted to use them for that period of time because of where we live.

Two weeks later he "finds" a guy who will by them as spares ... one of his buddies ..... for $250.00 and he will pay for the shipping. Which by the way up until this point I have been paying for.

I said that is crazy and I am very disappointed with your response to this matter.

At this point I am so pissed off over the whole thing that I told him to send the certified check and be done with it.

Two things happened here .... first I was screwed by a guy who uses this site for information just like the rest of us ... who knew all along something was wrong with these props.

Second I just wasted another half hour of my life writing this note as an FYI

***** Don't do any business with MOERON *****

aka

Ron Truax

Thank-you for reading this and any responses are welcome ..... good , bad , or in different.

Sincerely,

Jeff (got twins ?)
Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Default write on brother

Thanks for sharing that with us. I to ask alot of questions looking for help. I to have bought things from people on this site. This is a good way to keep them honest.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered

Next time, don't do business with a MORON!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by B one
Thanks for sharing that with us. I to ask alot of questions looking for help. I to have bought things from people on this site. This is a good way to keep them honest.

Thanks ....
Old 04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
Next time, don't do business with a MORON!!!!
I, too asked myself is it MORON or is it MOERON ....

It is not like I intentionally wanted to get screwed over here.

Just for the record ....

Jeff
Old 04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel for ya. I also bought 2 'brand new' Hydros from off the board. When they showed up, neither was new and 1 had a crack in the hub. I called the seller, which he agreed to replace with another 'new' one. The replacement showed up used, nicked and looked like someone took a wire wheel to the blades. I refused to loose any more $ too this guy by shipping the cracked one back to him. Instead, I sent them all 3 to a prop shop that used to be active here but are no longer around, for repair and labbing. They all came back looking great, but now I could have bought brand new labbed props for less. Sold the 3rd prop to recoupe some $$.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?
I, too asked myself is it MORON or is it MOERON ....

It is not like I intentionally wanted to get screwed over here.

Just for the record ....

Jeff
All kidding aside I definately understand your frustration.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:55 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I've often wondered if a business "rating" system could work ......I know it's been discussed and is too easily manipulated.

My idea was to start a thread about a PENDING deal:
IE:
"I'm buying/selling a set of props from/to OSO member XXXXX. If anyone has info either of us should have please passs it along."

I'm more than willing to post a thread to that effect for anyone that is buying something from me.....would it work?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

These props?. I was looking at them for my ScarabIII, still need a set actually. hope it works out

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=168225
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 04-08-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

I feel for you but waiting 6 months after buying a used product is way to long to complain

Quick Reply: What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.