What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Notices

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Old 04-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danh63
I see your point. I took it on the chin with a prop before. I guess I am to trusting. If they guy wasn't happy and only used the props once and nothing was wrong with them I would take them back.
That is exactly what I think too .... Stand behind what you sell .... if say they are perfect .... then there perfect .... if there not then send them back.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
i don't get your problem

I don't either.......I mean......the props look fine in the pics, they looked fine when you got them, you tried them and they didn't work right (after 40 minutes.....I would think if something is wrong with a prop you would know if 2 minutes), you waited 6 months, then Hydromotive said they are crap. Are they bent? Are they unbalanced?

Maybe they wanted to sell you an new set of wheels?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I don't either.......I mean......the props look fine in the pics, they looked fine when you got them, you tried them and they didn't work right (after 40 minutes.....I would think if something is wrong with a prop you would know if 2 minutes), you waited 6 months, then Hydromotive said they are crap. Are they bent? Are they unbalanced?

Maybe they wanted to sell you an new set of wheels?
To clarifiy where I am ... it takes me approx 15 min. to go out a channel at 5mph and approx 5min of running time and approx. 15 min. of returning time back in the channel to the launch.

Secondly , they weren't bent or even for that matter have any major scratches .... and as I mentioned in the above posts I actually thought it could of been my boat in the beginning. I am obviously not a prop guy or a guy who knows anything about props .... hence why I asked the questions in the beginning that started this whole delima.

I realize that when you buy something espicially used you are at some kind of risk.
When I sent them to Hydromotive all I was trying to rule out was .... was the boat or was it the props ..... and how much to fix them if it was the props.

When I got a responce back from Hydromotive that they were basically junk and impossible to repair them to spec. and the cost would be more then buying new ones
The fact still remains .... someone worked them and it wasn't me .... and I was sold a pair of worked props without this being disclosed to me before I paid for them.

I got little pissed off with the fact "someone" knew these were Fukked up before they were actually sold.

Jeff

Last edited by got twins ?; 04-09-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

....Life is a schit sandwich, but some people got more bread.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered

Take the 250 and run.

Some people get ripped off way more.

Some people lose a 42 foot boat in the dark of night from inside a locked yard.
250.00 is nothing.
I think that most of us have dropped 250 at the gas dock or bar. Chalk it up to experience.

Oh... and in general... don't trust people on the internet.
Good luck.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default KURT'S language

Kurt you should be ashamed of yourself using language like that,I'm far too dignified to be reading stuff like this,
Old 04-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

you know, i usually try to stay out of these kinda things but is it really out of the realm of possibility that Moeron did not know there was anything wrong with these props? You had them for six months and i am assuming there is no visible issues. It seems very reasonable that they could have been purchased, tried, and deemed the wrong prop than sold. If i tested a set and they did not perform i would just move on to the next and keep testing props. Also are you sure thats just not to much prop? 24P four blade anything seems a bit tall for a 330hp Merc in an older straight bottom some what heavy boat. tough issue for sure, of which i'm sure there are two sides. Like i said i hope it works out.

Its hard to believe a set of props that look as good as those are junk. What did they say was wrong with them? I have totally crushed props and had them redone. I would expect a manufacturer to steer you towards new ones regardless.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
I have totally crushed props and had them redone.
I took in a cleaver to have re-worked that was severely torn up.
The way the prop guy just stared at and looked it over for a few solid minutes (because he couldn't believe how phucked it was) gave me a certain sense of pride when he told me it was scrap.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

buying anything used is a gamble, i am seriously thinking about buying a hydrohoist and having it shipped out. if it is a piece of **** then i will be out 10k

but if it is good then i save 15k
Old 04-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?
I got little pissed off with the fact "someone" knew these were Fukked up before they were actually sold.

Jeff
Sorry.....maybe "someone" knew, but it wasn't the guy that sold them to you (six months prior!). If I were MOERON, I would be thinking that you screwed them up in the 6 months that you had them. Where's the limit? I mean, what if you tried them like you did, but then didn't figure anything was wrong with them for over a year, or two years?

It doesn't sound like you were ripped off.......but it does sound like an unfortunate situation for both parties. A "ripoff" would be buying something from Trick Marine, paying for it and never getting it.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.