Finally Finished my stereo >

Finally Finished my stereo

Notices

Finally Finished my stereo

Old 04-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hunster
And what is gonna keep those subs from becoming junk ? Please put some grille covers on them since you didn't get the marine ones. Looks good !!!
Yes I know they are in the garage just forgot to put them on. No they are not the marine one but they work great and sound great and when they do die I will upgrade to a marine free air sub setup. Also the plan is to redo the back seat at the end of next year and actually make a new one with a different layout and either more subs or 6x9's...
Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sunchaser796
Well pshannon not a bad looking install but just how weill will it stay together bouncing over waves and wakes from other boats. From what I see is dry wall screws and not s.s. hardware. Second problem I see is the wood dowls or closet pole rods you used is not gonna supportthe weight of the amp. Your screws are too small for the job. If did the the job using what you have there , I woulf have gone with at least with a # 12 or #14 self tapping screw. Third, the self should have been the width of the closet with no gaps. The weight of the amp will bring it down. And for the mtx speakers , I hate to tell you they won't last at all after they have been hit with water and with salt water enviroment they will not survive unless the are in fact marine speakers which they din't look like. I have been in the marine industry for over thiry-five years and I have learn the do's and don'ts. I wish you well with your set up . And as for buying from ebay for alot less just beware of the products there . They are not as they sometimes look.....
Well thank you for tearing me down and putting me in my place....I was a little worried about the rough water but it's not just what you can see that holds that whole thing together its what you can't see that holds it so you can't even move it slightly. It is very rigid and sturdy. I admit the install could have been a little cleaner but not bad for my first try. It looks good,its sturdy,it was cheap to build,only took a weekend,you can't see any wires running to the top amp except where they plug in or the bottom amp,its cool and it SOUNDS GREAT........

p.s also going to be putting some red lighting behind the whole thing that will be hooked up to a door switch so when you open the door at night it will look really cool...
Old 04-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are those MTX 6000's? I had those, good sounding, good clean bass notes.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered

What brand of 10" free air sub's would you guy's recommend. I currently have (2) 10" Kicker Impulse 10M speakers mounted in sealed boxes sitting under the rear bench seat. powered with a Kicker KX200.2 amp. Looking for more bass can't hardly here it the way it's set up now.
Thanks Steve
Old 04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
What brand of 10" free air sub's would you guy's recommend. I currently have (2) 10" Kicker Impulse 10M speakers mounted in sealed boxes sitting under the rear bench seat. powered with a Kicker KX200.2 amp. Looking for more bass can't hardly here it the way it's set up now.
Thanks Steve
Marine JL 10 sounds pretty good, I thought there were two of them on a boat from this one dude around here.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pkspx
Are those MTX 6000's? I had those, good sounding, good clean bass notes.
Yes they are 6000's...and I would also recomend the JL 10's for a good free air marine sub.Thats what I'm am going to put in when these die if they die. Also thinking about puttind a W7 in the cabin but I don't about that one....
Old 04-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

IF I could figure out how to post some pics on OSO I would like to show some of my work. PM me and let me know how to. Thanks, Warren
Old 04-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sunchaser796
IF I could figure out how to post some pics on OSO I would like to show some of my work. PM me and let me know how to. Thanks, Warren
Its not to complicated but you have to have then hosyed some where, I use www.photobucket.com its free to sign up and keep all your photos there. To make it easy just email the pics to me and i'll host em and post for you is you want.
[email protected]
Old 04-13-2008, 03:44 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
Go on Crutchfield and find what you like. Then goto Ebay and buy it there for alot less.

Ditto on that. Crutchfield is 25-50% more than what you can get stuff for on ebay.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
Go on Crutchfield and find what you like. Then goto Ebay and buy it there for alot less.

Right answer for pricing.

Quick Reply: Finally Finished my stereo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.