Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats the best cooler for drinks in the boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184242-whats-best-cooler-drinks-boat.html)

dirtlawyer 04-11-2008 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 2521388)
AO soft side cooler. I love mine.

AGREED AGREED AGREED!!!!!!

We have tried seemingly every soft side cooler on the market over the past 5 years and AO's are the BEST!!!!!!

I have two for the Motion (with custom logos) and one for our lake boat (with the Nordic logo). There have been times when we have been out onf the lake boat, came into the house and did not empty the cooler, and the next morning, there was still ice floating and the beers were cold. I have had mine for about 18 months with NO PROBLEMS. No leaks, no tears, no problems. I know I sound like a sales rep for them, but they are hands down the best coolers I have ever purchased.

Sydwayz 04-11-2008 12:57 PM

An Active Thunder boat owner and business sponsor of the Jammin' on the James Poker Run bought EVERY boat a cooler; two years ago. The PR packages actually came in an AO cooler.

Thanks again Stan!

ACTIVESHACK 04-11-2008 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2521845)
An Active Thunder boat owner and business sponsor of the Jammin' on the James Poker Run bought EVERY boat a cooler; two years ago. The PR packages actually came in an AO cooler.

Thanks again Stan!

AOs are the best. It's the only one we use :drink:

Knot 4 Me 04-11-2008 02:13 PM

AO soft-side.

BZ 04-11-2008 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 2521951)
AO soft-side.

ditto

Semper Fi 04-11-2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik (Post 2522064)
ditto

triple :D

JBoat 04-11-2008 06:17 PM

Iv got about 500 foot of front yard and 200 ft of dock. One fo those soft bags would be more work then I do the rest of the day lugiing 2 case and ice out with me.

The hard cooler with the wheels is the tick for me. Plus they are way easier to drain and wash out when you get to drunk to take them out of the boat from the wwekend before.

nova26 04-14-2008 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBoat (Post 2522211)
Iv got about 500 foot of front yard and 200 ft of dock. One fo those soft bags would be more work then I do the rest of the day lugiing 2 case and ice out with me.

The hard cooler with the wheels is the tick for me. Plus they are way easier to drain and wash out when you get to drunk to take them out of the boat from the wwekend before.

I like the wheels idea, but I like the Soft too. I'm going to try the AO I'm tired of boat bites from the hard cooler.

BY U BOY 04-14-2008 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2521804)
Check the measurements before you buy. I've got one and I can't get it through the cabin door. Its wider than the standard rectangular ones.

I'd go with a soft cooler from american outdoors. I just bought 5 of the 48's for groomsman gifts.

Mine won't fit either so i got a soft sided AO.Love the AO Plus the sift sided ones are easire to hid from the water patrol:)

Sydwayz 04-14-2008 09:55 PM

Go ahead and get the AO coolers, and buy a fold-flat luggage cart with the 6" tall wheels on it. You will use the cart more often than you think and it stows easily in the boat.