What is going on with Poker Runs? >

What is going on with Poker Runs?

Notices

What is going on with Poker Runs?

Old 04-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is going on with Poker Runs?

Is it me or is attendance way down at the poker runs? I was just reading another thread on here and I wanted to chime in but not seem like I was pisssing on the guys thread. When I count the boats there seems to be about 1/3 less than 3 years ago. What do you guys think the reason is, poker run entrance fees, gas, safety issues? I hate seeing this trend!! Tell me what is going on.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The entrance fee has scared me off of a couple.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Chuck- The answer is pretty simple.....with the economy and gas prices today it's no surprise that many people are opting out of events to save money. Some of the events are also pretty expensive to enter. Alot of people travel to get to an event, so there's alot of expenses, gas for towing vehicle, gas for boat, food, hotel, etc.....

Last edited by Semper Fi; 04-11-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Probably a combo of all the things you have listed.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Chuck- The answer is pretty simple.....with the economy and gas prices today it's no surprise that many people are opting out of events to save money.
I would think that also if it were primarily the last year, but even two years ago I thought I saw a trend downward.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Chuck- The answer is pretty simple.....with the economy and gas prices today it's no surprise that many people are opting out of events to save money.
Sorry Semper , i am not agree with you ...because when you bought a boat of many thousand $$$ , it`s not a entry fee at 500 to 800 $ can stop you to show your boat at this kind of event .... i think we have to dig more than that ....

and for the gas ...not a 30 % more $$ for a day compare than 2 year a go can stop the Big end boat owner ...
this my 2 cent ...sorry for my bad engish
Regards
Old 04-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

For me it's a 6yr old and a 3yr old.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 25 hors la loi
Sorry Semper , i am not agree with you ...because when you bought a boat of many thousand $$$ , it`s not a entry fee at 500 to 800 $ can stop you to show your boat at this kind of event .... i think we have to dig more than that ....

and for the gas ...not a 30 % more $$ for a day compare than 2 year a go can stop the Big end boat owner ...
this my 2 cent ...sorry for my bad engish
Regards
Hey.........go easy- I sold you the mufflers!! How are they doing?? Anyway, what we have to remember is that some people have an unlimited budget and some people don't. There are people with 22' boats and 50' million dollar machines on this website. With the economy the way it is and gas prices- that could make the difference for alot of people to boat less. I can personally see the difference in the crowds in Lake Havasu- there has been at least 1/3 less people on the water!!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

It's all about the Benjamins !
Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

In 2005 I spent 30K doing poker runs in Florida. New boat, new places to go. 2006 spent about 18K, skipped some events that were ok but not awesome. 2007 spent about 3K, boat smoked both motors and it took 4-5 months to get it straightened out. 2008, wife broke her foot, don't expect to do more than 3 runs this year.

How many runs can you do to the same places for 600-1000 a pop, plus hotels, fuel, booze, food etc.?

Quick Reply: What is going on with Poker Runs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.