Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hey Plastered!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/18433-hey-plastered.html)

Biggus 02-19-2002 05:37 PM

Hey Plastered!!!

I saw your Top Gun at Fort Apache the other day. Man, that has got to be the CLEANEST boat around:D It looks Sweeeeett!!!!

I drove down from Maine to buy a Cig and was very dissapointed with the boats that were in my price range (75-100k) If your boat was close I`d buy it today.

Good luck, Kurt

cigarette1 02-19-2002 06:35 PM

Biggus,

A little while back, someone ask, why spend $80k-90k+ for a Cafe when there are Guns out there for under $100k.

If you are looking for a fresh&clean Cig for under $100k, you can find SUPER clean Cafe's in that range.

I had the same problem you have when I was shopping ... I wanted a GUN for under $100k. I found quite a few but they were all compromises. Then I started looking for a Cafe, thinking I would only spend $65k-75k .... NOT ... at least not for a clean one.

I eventually stepped up to the plate and laid out $80k-90k for a Cafe and I couldn't be happier. The boat was pretty damn clean and after about 140 hours (expected) I freshened up the power. Now I have, what I think, is ONE of the primo Cafe's out there.

Good luck in your search and if you find that special GUN, 'mo power to ya'

G

p.s. This happened around winter of 1999 ... so things may have changed since then:D

DJD 02-19-2002 06:43 PM

Hey Kirt!
I have to agree that Plastered's boat is one of the finest examples of a super clean Top Gun!!!!
Come on Kurt, consider a nice Flat Deck;) Today and today only $68,000:D It's nothing like when you saw it last.
Good luck with your search for a true T-Gun! Did you see the one @ National Marine Liquidators? I havn't seen it personally but the pics look ok.

thespy 02-19-2002 06:59 PM

Biggus, Did you stop by Martin and look at the 93, w/blowers, I had heard they lowered the price to 119K, I looked at the 92 they had for 99K (or offer ) , however, I think my 87 is in better shape that that one, even if I dont have a new set of headers, but I got new carbs, and it runs good, missed you guys at the party, I was by the food !!!

Biggus 02-19-2002 10:24 PM

DJD, your boat is really cool but I have a big jones for a 'Gun:D
The boat at National is sold.

Spy, I went to Martin Offshore and Bob showed me the 92, nice boat but I thought it was a little over priced and the graphics didn`t do anything for me.

Cig1,see what you mean about the Cafe Racers. Phil at Lip Ship has a really nice Cafe in my price range but I really want a 'Gun.
Phil turned me onto a nice one in St Pete and I hope to look at it in a week or so.

The search continues, Kurt.

thespy 02-20-2002 08:43 PM

I think the one in st. pete. is name 'Gunzilla' ,
it might of been on oso or traderonline.com

Good Ruck !

Spine Tickler 02-20-2002 11:29 PM

Hey Kurt
Sorry I mised you in Miami. The Cig party was awsome. Offshore performance brought the boat to Miami for $685. Since I spent so much money with them I guess they were giving me the transport at cost. The boat ran great. Sunday 93mph towards the Keys. Didnt want to tunn back. I was thinking about last year. Wish we could have gotten together. You need to set up your voice mail!!!.:confused: Wont be making it to the reunion this year its to close to the Wedding:( Talk soon. Spine Tickler

Biggus 02-21-2002 06:10 AM

Spiney, 93 mph! thats great!
I was wondering if you were around, I saw your boat at the Cigarette factory and it was all wrapped up. I am bummed that I missed the party but I was staying with friends and they have a child at home so we had to leave the boat show a little early. I hope to do the Cig reunion in my own Top Gun this year :D
Hope all is well, Kurt.

Audiofn 02-21-2002 08:10 AM

Hey Spiney Email me your Number bro. I was going to call you but lost the phone with your number. I promis I will be sober this time :D:D

When is the Big Wedding date? Say Hi to Jenn for me :D:D

Kurt you need to find one. I want to tow it with my new truck :D:D Mark and I are talking about flying down to his place in Ft. Meyers end of March. I think I will be just making it a long weekend but what the hey it is only a 3 hour plane ride :D:D

Jon