Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Possible scam on new boat, Input and opinions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184398-possible-scam-new-boat-input-opinions.html)

tony stamis 04-13-2008 07:01 PM

Will sure if he can print legit checks like the ones they sent me all he needs is your acct number and bank routing number and bingo he can write a check from your acct. did he call or is everything email and did he use yahoo.

BAJA WILL 04-14-2008 09:19 AM

He is supposed to call today to set up when and how he will sign the documants? We will see??

Michael1 04-14-2008 10:23 AM

If this is a money laundering scheme, why would you want to help someone do that?

Michael

pachanga 04-14-2008 10:49 AM

Keep in mind the $10,000 rule! It is not per transaction...it is an aggregate over a period of time. You could get in deep dodo if you do this deal and over 10K changes hands in cash without filling out the required forms. Being a coindealer I am well aware of the consequences of cash transactions. I never do deals over 10K in cash. I have lost some business because of this. I also no quite a few dealers that ended up in jail for doing this! As they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

BAJA WILL 04-14-2008 12:57 PM

Well he keeps e-mailing claiming he is going to call today?? I told him we needed his address for the paperwork and warranty package. Also my bank needs his routing # and account # to verify funds?? I still thank its a scam, but we will see how far it goes?

WILL:evilb:

BAJA WILL 04-14-2008 02:33 PM

Your not going to believe this, THE GUY ACTUALLY CALLED, heavy accent and now wants the boat shipped to spain. Still the same story, will make instalments of 10K until the price is paid and then ship the boat?? I am going to go see if my bank has a account set up for this:angry-smiley-038:

WILL

BUIZILLA 04-14-2008 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by tony stamis (Post 2524032)
Will sure if he can print legit checks like the ones they sent me all he needs is your acct number and bank routing number and bingo he can write a check from your acct. .

damm right they can do that, happened to me last Sept, they printed 200 checks in my company info and company account number, but used my bank rep's name on the check, fortunately the checks got routed to my bank where she works and she caught it... check company is out of Ft Worth TX, absolutel scam on that deal.... they could have wiped me out

BAJA WILL 04-14-2008 03:18 PM

Well my bank >>>> was very little help, asked them if they have an escrow account for transfers, nope not really. They said they can set up another account but if it has fraud tied to it comes back on us?? WTF whats the point then?? I asked how they would handle a legit wire transfer and they were like just give the account # out? Again WTF I asked if I get the customer account # and routing # can they verify it is legit and have funds securely sent, "Not really" not sure how that would be done?

Are American Banks stupid? How can they allow fraud from just the #'s but not be able to check on other bank accounts?? American banks need to step up!!

tony stamis 04-14-2008 04:09 PM

they dont care they just raise the intrest on everyones credit card and say it is cause of fraud i called local feds when i got the fake checks they did not care just go to some web site and make a complaint thats what they told me. i asked the guy you dont want the ups envelops and tracking # to see where they are from . maybe later on we may need them just make a complaint on the web site. thats the attitude these days nobody cares and thats why the country is in a heap of sh-t.

formula 382 sr-1 04-14-2008 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by tony stamis (Post 2524954)
they dont care they just raise the intrest on everyones credit card and say it is cause of fraud i called local feds when i got the fake checks they did not care just go to some web site and make a complaint thats what they told me. i asked the guy you dont want the ups envelops and tracking # to see where they are from . maybe later on we may need them just make a complaint on the web site. thats the attitude these days nobody cares and thats why the country is in a heap of sh-t.

AMEN to that.