Possible scam on new boat, Input and opinions >

Possible scam on new boat, Input and opinions

Notices

Possible scam on new boat, Input and opinions

Old 04-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Is not that we condome fraudulent business or transactions, but we like to make deals happen as long as they are under regulations and guidelines.

Baja, I have dealt with customer in the pass from countries that tend to be a little bit on the lefty side and they have what they call Exchange Control, govertments do this to control the amount of Dollars, Dollars that comes out of their pockets.

Regardless of my opinion due be very carefull, no doubt the devil is out there always trying to reinvent the wheel.

Another subjection is a PayPal account.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
If anyone is still watching the saga goes on, the guy now sent me a address in madrid? and a name and phone # of his banker who is incharge of transfering money????? I still thank its a scam. If anyone has a way of checking this out I would appreciate it.

Hello Will, Here is what you requested

ADDRESS: calle leganes 23 fuenlabrada 28946 madred spain
PHONE: 619166949
Ask to speek with the collins wilson He is the one directly incharge of payments He will be expecting your call. his direct line is 0034619166949.

Probably just a big waste of time??
Baja, the country code is good for spain, the address is a bit funny.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is it possible to get some type of check or money order sent from them. Then you do not give out your acct info. You need to sit and wait for it to clear but since you have the boat you are not getting hurt.

He can't argue that he is in a hurry and can't wait since he is sending installment payments.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rv
Is it possible to get some type of check or money order sent from them. Then you do not give out your acct info. You need to sit and wait for it to clear but since you have the boat you are not getting hurt.

He can't argue that he is in a hurry and can't wait since he is sending installment payments.

You NEVER want to take a check or money order. Period. They can be found to be fraudulant up to 6 mo, then the funds are pulled. Talk with an escrow company. This is why they exist. My guess though, it's a scam.

Darrell.

Darrell.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the input, at this point I gave him the option to bring cash, provide me with his bank information and account/routing# and let our banks do the transfer oh or western union. Or I said I could bill his Visa/master card?? Again I am still pretty sure the whole thing is a scam, thus why I haven't given our #s out and won't.

Thanks

WILL