Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Possible scam on new boat, Input and opinions >

Possible scam on new boat, Input and opinions

Notices

Possible scam on new boat, Input and opinions

Old 04-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BAJA.....Are you a dealer.....if so, your manager and CFO knows what kind of trouble you would be asking for taking 10k payments....just one 10k cash payment puts you up the creek without the proper paper work....
Old 04-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a scam!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Registered

spain was the clue, your deal is toast. yes banks suck if you don't deal with the top person and even then it may suck more. i like small banks/ c. unions that bake cookies.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:28 AM

Yea the guy has provided nothing other than a short phone call. I was pretty sure it was a scam.

I wonder about the comments about us getting in trouble if some one pays us in 10K increments???? Before I was in the boating business I purchased items with cash over 10K What is the problem?? Hell a close friend of mine is a developer and took payment on a entire house in cash?? Is it againist the law to purchase expensive items with cash???

Confused

WILL
Old 04-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered

It is not against the law as long as you file the proper paperwork with the government. I wish I could remember the form. If you deposit more than 10K in cash at the bank the bank has to report it as well. I believe it was origionally started to stop laundering drug money but has evolved into terriost money as well.

You should see what the patriot act is doing to coin dealers! If you deal in more than 50K a year in bullion related business you basically become an extension of homeland security. A plan has to be in place to recognize a terroist,etc. Depending on your size you may even have to have a dedicated employee! If you don't comply they can confiscate everything you have! How does that grab ya?

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Yea the guy has provided nothing other than a short phone call. I was pretty sure it was a scam.

I wonder about the comments about us getting in trouble if some one pays us in 10K increments???? Before I was in the boating business I purchased items with cash over 10K What is the problem?? Hell a close friend of mine is a developer and took payment on a entire house in cash?? Is it againist the law to purchase expensive items with cash???

Confused

WILL
Old 04-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

BAJA....There is nothing wrong with paying $10k in cash....but you have to fill out a IRS form and send it off....people who truley make that money that they claim to the IRS have no problem filling it out....but its the people who do not claim all the money they make who will not fill this out......many of dealers have been burn and have been fined big money along with a few who went to jail for not having the paper fill out.....

The form is called the: IRS Form 8300.

Last edited by MANITIE; 04-15-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Not illegal as long as you complete form 8300 for the IRS.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:51 AM

OK, thanks for the clarification,

WILL
Old 04-16-2008, 09:19 AM

If anyone is still watching the saga goes on, the guy now sent me a address in madrid? and a name and phone # of his banker who is incharge of transfering money????? I still thank its a scam. If anyone has a way of checking this out I would appreciate it.

Hello Will, Here is what you requested

ADDRESS: calle leganes 23 fuenlabrada 28946 madred spain
PHONE: 619166949
Ask to speek with the collins wilson He is the one directly incharge of payments He will be expecting your call. his direct line is 0034619166949.

Probably just a big waste of time??
Old 04-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

they misspell words so you will think it is real. ebay is full of this crap. the over payment'refund/cash back scam is a good one. my favorite is the prince that wants to hide money in my account until he returns to power/throne. classic stuff.

Quick Reply: Possible scam on new boat, Input and opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.