Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Can anyone in the business help a borther out? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184408-can-anyone-business-help-borther-out.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 04-14-2008 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=Swamplizard;2523706]Guys - I know I am not the typical OSO guy - I dont have a 100 mph boat and I don't race...but like all of you I am a DIY guy who loves boating and I could use some help:

Well the wedding is over - cost us a ton ... we are broke but I dont want to wait until my youngest graduates from college to get the boat going again.......and I dont trust the engines I have (looooong story) and frankly I dont trust any of the non-premium builders but cant afford the premium guys yet.

I think the smartest move for me in the short run is to buy two new factory NEW 502s, move my accessories over, get them dyno tuned (carbs etc) and re-installed by a local guy I have come to trust .... I will also be changing out the transmissions so that both motors are regular rotation and the ratios are higher so I can spin the motors easily....then I will sell the extra parts.

Is there anyone on here in the business that gets some kind of discount on Factory New GM Marine motors and would be willing to pass along some savings to me if I run the business through them? I'm not looking for handouts - just hate to pay retail if I don't need to. Maybe you need the volume or something?

Hey BIG Daddy get ahold of MR HORSEPOWER aka Dean Gellner he'll take real good care of ya ..... & honest as the day is Long .... Dont worry about the boat thing Bro they razzed me too my boat might be small but i make up for it in other areas :D:D Good Luck

RunninHotRacing163.1 04-14-2008 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261 (Post 2525055)
But it is fun to make fun of Stecz for not having a boat!:evilb:

:D:D But he's in between :cool-smiley-027:

jayhawk261 04-14-2008 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2525076)
:D:D But he's in between :cool-smiley-027:

In between 2 guys?:D:grinser010:

(Sorry for hijacking! I have a feeling there will be some payback as well!)

offthefront 04-14-2008 07:04 PM

Swamplizard ... where is LHP Florida? There was a Harley in the classifieds that was located in Washington State ....cool looking cruiser .... I'd like to see your boat ...good luck ...m

Jupiter Sunsation 04-14-2008 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by offthefront (Post 2525131)
Swamplizard ... where is LHP Florida? There was a Harley in the classifieds that was located in Washington State ....cool looking cruiser .... I'd like to see your boat ...good luck ...m

LHP is Lighthouse Point, between Boca and Lauderdale.

Anyone want to bet in how long Wiggler, Jim Darr, Supercat, Leila will respond with an awesome offer on make believe motors?

TxHawk 04-14-2008 07:29 PM

Derebery Performance is able to get NEW marine purpose built 502 MPI longblocks right off the assembly line. These are not converted crate engines. They come with 8 qt pans 502MPI cam etc. You can put a carb setup on them and make 425 Hp with all the reliability you can ask for. Call Danial 903-786-3797

jayhawk261 04-14-2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40 (Post 2525162)
Derebery Performance is able to get NEW marine purpose built 502 MPI longblocks right off the assembly line. These are not converted crate engines. They come with 8 qt pans 502MPI cam etc. You can put a carb setup on them and make 425 Hp with all the reliability you can ask for. Call Danial 903-786-3797

And they are good people as well. We toured their facility last summer, and is is a nice place. We were treated great as well.

offshoredrillin 04-14-2008 07:58 PM

hey swampy,
Chris is a good guy and a straight shooter, if he can help you he will. also Dean gellner, and Mark boos at precision. i have seen your posts for a while and dont worry about your boat, as long as you dont look down your nose like a couple of the hypocrites on here you are fine. nothing worse than not having anything and trying to force other people to meet your standards...

RunninHotRacing163.1 04-14-2008 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2525203)
hey swampy,
Chris is a good guy and a straight shooter, if he can help you he will. also Dean gellner, and Mark boos at precision. i have seen your posts for a while and dont worry about your boat, as long as you dont look down your nose like a couple of the hypocrites on here you are fine. nothing worse than not having anything and trying to force other people to meet your standards...

Dyum BIG Daddy where's the button to change the sig line ????:D Not a hypocrite & PROUD :cool-smiley-027:

RunninHotRacing163.1 04-14-2008 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261 (Post 2525195)
And they are good people as well. We toured their facility last summer, and is is a nice place. We were treated great as well.

1ST class all the way :cool-smiley-027::cool-smiley-011: