Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boater sues over ethanol-laced gasoline's effect on fiberglass fuel tank (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184538-boater-sues-over-ethanol-laced-gasolines-effect-fiberglass-fuel-tank.html)

Propster 04-15-2008 02:00 PM

America needs to stop being a superpower and just be a country. None of the other nations are stepping up to save the world. We can no longer afford to give away food and money, the US is broke and the rest of the world is only thinking about themselves. Instead of crippling the economy with global warming fears and taxes, China and Russia are securing oil fields and opening coal plants to fuel their power and transportation needs. Their economic health depends on it. Our politicians are too stupid to figure that out.

If we stop trying to save the world, we can make all of the fuel we need with existing acrage.

07DominatorSS 04-15-2008 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by pachanga (Post 2525593)
I for one think the government should force the gas companies to post how much if any ethanol is in the gas. Ga. requires nothing and I have absolutely no way of knowing if I am buying ethanol free gas.They also need to make ethanol free gas available if it isn't.

I hope it's not gonna take a bunch of boats blowing up and killing people before something is done. :(

I do not believe there is any ethanol free gas anymore, it all contains at least 10%.

TexomaPowerboater 04-15-2008 03:48 PM

I think most of OK is still ethanol free. I have yet to put ethanol in any of my boats.

Quinlan 04-15-2008 04:58 PM

I think QT is selling ethanol now and other stations are too. And they dont have to say it is!! Phillips 66 advertises ethanol free fuel, Thats where I always go now. Of course I havent bought gas at QT in a LONG time.

MacGyver 04-15-2008 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS (Post 2526216)
I do not believe there is any ethanol free gas anymore, it all contains at least 10%.

I can still get 100% pure gas here in Wisconsin. The gas stations even advertise the fact.

t500hps 04-15-2008 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS (Post 2526216)

Throughout the populated regions of VA (cities and suburbs) all gas is 10% ethanol. Once you get well outside those regions "regular" gas is about the only thing you will find. I now tow my boat out of the way to fill-up at one of those stations.

pachanga 04-15-2008 11:02 PM

Do you know what the tank in a 87 Pachanga 22 and a 2003 260 powerquest legend is made of?

Even if mine are OK it's still a crock. I never heard of the problem anywhere else but here and I'm an avid news reader!

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2526048)
Most tanks in boats are aluminum or SS and its really not an issue.

It does suck for the people with fiberglass tanks.

berns29scarab 04-16-2008 07:39 AM

dont understand why they dont do with fuel the same they do with diesel. no ethanol in the gas FOR MARINE USE ONLY !!

berns29scarab 04-16-2008 07:40 AM

i know a few people PERSONALLY ...1 an owner of a skater and the other a motion. they both had major issues with there tanks

plumbers crack 04-16-2008 07:51 AM

It does eat aluminum,ask around