If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    2001 26 ZX DONZI 496HO

Cats are Speed junkies-V`s beware

Tooka ride in Miami on a 36 Spectre cat.and it was the biggest rush ever in this sport.Rolf of Proroc was the driver and he showed me cats are not the squirley boats many seem to think.This boat accelerated like a vet on the interstate,straight line to 70 and 3500rpm we took a tight turn powering out of it and went to 105 in seconds.I presently own a Donzi ZX,but after that on 3 ft chop my next boat will be one of these true PERFORMANCE MACHINES.I urge all V owners who have never been on one give it a try,you to will become a speed junkie looking to mortgage the house,hitting the kids college fund,dumping stock to put one of these in your driveway.

Evil Twin
    And thats why I am not going to go for a ride on a cat!!! If they are a good as you say they are I would have to check my self into a Offshore Only Rehab clinic.

Charter/Platinum Member Charter Member
    My Boats:
    2006 American Offshore 26'
    Egg Harbor Twp, N.J. USA
    I was a V-Junkie for 20 + years, but like they say, once you go Cat you'll never go back really sticks once you take your first cat ride. Yes they have their draw backs in big water, but for all around fun and great speed, "If it isn't a Cat, it's a Dog". Wouldn't you agree Fastcats.!!!

My Boats:
    Fast Boats (surprised ?)
    Princeton, new jersey
    What do you mean by big water draw backs in a cat? "If it ain't a cat it's a dog " is written of the transom of my boat. Whjere do you live? I boat near you and was wondering if I know you or your boat.

South Beach, Miami FL
    To each their own, but I think Hi performance Offshore boating is more about having fun in the rough stuff, not about going fast in a straight line or a smooth curve. When I think about going 120 with wind in my hair on a consistently smooth surface, I think BMW M Roadster. When I think 50-70 in 4-6 foot confused waters with big rollers, I think boating... in a V of course . My 2 cents. --- John
    Last edited by gjockey; 02-19-2002 at 10:02 PM.

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    Man, I hope you guys are right! Never have ridden in a cat, I only know what I read and have been told. Alot of it is pretty scary, after all I'm out to have fun, not kill myself or worse the Mrs. I originally only wanted to go 80-85, but everybody insisted that I'd be bored at that speed! Hard to imagine after the handfull that my old boat was at 72! I'm really looking forward to this summer!

My Boats:
    85 Chris Cat

Fly low

A cat is a lot of fun in 4 to 6ft average day at LOTO I,ts a diffrent ride handling is very good on mine. Plus when you can stand on the gas in the ruff and it still runs straight. what a blast spring cant get here soon enough! As my boat is wenterized took out the kaw 150 jet ski I,ts good for a little speed rush on the water. but skis take off like a planeand land like a rock.

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    I can't beleive you guys had to bring up this topic again . I have loved the classic big V since I first saw a boat . But they are right .If you like a V better for anyother reason besides looks ,You have never been in a cat .Unfortunatly it will ruin you for everything else ! THere is nothing about a cats performance or handling that can be out done by a V bottom .........In any water . I am not talking about the ACME brand 24' cat , I mean a cat . Cause lets face , don't compare a 40' V to a 24' cat in ruff water . Lets go boat for boat . I was told by a freind of mine . Don't ride in my 40' cat ,you will hate your 40' V . I said no I won't . Well guess what , The following summer I now have a big cat ! I love the look of the V .But thats all it has after riding in a cat .

Any body wants to find out , Look me up if your in the area this summer . I'll take you out for a little spin !

Has anyone been on or tried out the 42 fountain Scism cat?
    Just curious as how they compare with the others.

Thanks for any info

My Boats:
    Don't even mention the word boat
    Tampa, Indian Shores Beach

4-6 average on LOTO, that seems a little extreeme to be average on a freash water lake(GL don't count), what do all the 16-23ft boats do on weekends, sink??? Never been to LOTO, but if it avg waves like that on weekends I'll pass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast