Notices

This is just UNREAL!

Old 04-15-2008, 05:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation This is just UNREAL!

As I sit here and look at the page views for some of the topics I cannot believe how few of you have looked at my thread " Another Ala Lake going down"! You people will banter back and forth about nonsense or jump on a forum member for something that did not directly involve you but yet dont seem to care about these new anti boating laws that are popping up in my state. I bet you would if it were happening in your state! The very least you could do is email the the Alabama House of Represenatives at [email protected] and voice your CORDIAL opinion against this type of legislation! YOUR STATE COULD BE NEXT AND IF IT DOES I CAN GUARANTEE THAT I WOULD BE IN YOUR CORNER!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's because you own two Fountains!!!
Just kidding, will search out the the thread and voice my opinion. Big Brother is way out of control, we do need to rally to even have an attempt of stopping some of this BS. Bill
Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by INDY27
As I sit here and look at the page views for some of the topics I cannot believe how few of you have looked at my thread " Another Ala Lake going down"! You people will banter back and forth about nonsense or jump on a forum member for something that did not directly involve you but yet dont seem to care about these new anti boating laws that are popping up in my state. I bet you would if it were happening in your state! The very least you could do is email the the Alabama House of Represenatives at [email protected] and voice your CORDIAL opinion against this type of legislation! YOUR STATE COULD BE NEXT AND IF IT DOES I CAN GUARANTEE THAT I WOULD BE IN YOUR CORNER!
TTT
Old 04-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree Indy. Kind of goes back to the whole "are we our own worst enemies" thread. We are fighting the battle up in NH for this and it is amazing how few people actually want to get involved. Of course those same people that are not helping now will be betching the worste when they can no longer run their boats......
Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may want to take a look at the thread title. I assumed it was about the lowering of water levels not regulation -there isn't much I can do to make it rain.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain38SC
You may want to take a look at the thread title. I assumed it was about the lowering of water levels not regulation -there isn't much I can do to make it rain.
I sent my 2 cents in again yesterday to Gov Riley, Barry Mask and then today to the house email you posted. I live in Wetumpka, AL and have a banned boat as well.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain38SC

yea i remember scrolling past it, thought the same thing, yeaup another lake drying up...hahaha will go back to check it out though.
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

We went thru the same thing here in Florida, concerning the $TM club and all the manatee zones. Boater apathy is rampant.
BTW, I sent an email to the Gov.
Hope it helps, BUT our experience here in Florida was NOT good, especially when going up against organizations, (Like the $TM Club, Sierra Club, etc.) with BIG $$ and misinformed general public sentiment against us.
Good luck,
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 04-15-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Welcome to OSO.......... Is it just me or is this site going down hill............

For what its worth......... I have donated money to the cause.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i scrolled past also....but wrote them a sweet one just now...

Quick Reply: This is just UNREAL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.