Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   33 Powerplay ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184555-33-powerplay.html)

Semper Fi 04-15-2008 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by WS402 (Post 2526279)
Thanks for the info guys ! So the 33 is a good ruff water boat with a good following is what I'm gathering so far ?

Powerplays are EXCELLENT rough water boats, not to mention their outstanding build quality.

sunchaser796 04-16-2008 12:00 AM

WS 402, Give Mindi Doller a call @ 954*237*0332. She has a 33 Power Play for sale in excellent shape. Can be bought right. The boat is located in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. You can't go wrong..

Indy 04-16-2008 07:25 AM

I've been on the boat you're asking about many times and also own a '97 PP, they ride very well in the slop, have predictable handling, and are responsive to trim inputs. I'm sorry I have to sell mine.

JROMY's 33 is immaculate, he spared no expense in having it maintained, it has a triple axel Hi-Tech trailer too.

JROMY 04-17-2008 09:35 AM

Thanks for the comments guys. The boat is basically in brand new condition and you will not find another with this engine and drive package. For someone looking for a boat in this year, size with this power, that will handle any rough water you throw at it, you will not find a better deal in my mind. That being said, I've got the boat for sale because I'm just too busy with work to use it as much as I'd like to. I figure this is the time of year to let everyone know it is available. I'm not in a rush to sell it and I'd rather hold onto it and use it occasionally than to give it away.

LEOPAJM 04-17-2008 12:04 PM

Very very very nice lookin boat !!!

SR-24 04-17-2008 12:22 PM

Why did they stop building the 33? A few years back, when I was on here a lot it seems like I remember them being in some trouble... they didn't go out of business did they?

JROMY 04-17-2008 12:46 PM

They're gone. Spent too much time paying attention to detail, rather than getting boats out the door. Then the check for the next new boat paid to finish the last being completed, and it didn't take long for there not to be enough money left to finish the boats on order.

BY U BOY 04-17-2008 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by JROMY (Post 2528918)
They're gone. Spent too much time paying attention to detail, rather than getting boats out the door. Then the check for the next new boat paid to finish the last being completed, and it didn't take long for there not to be enough money left to finish the boats on order.

Who has the molds?

XPRESS 33PP 04-17-2008 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 2528930)
Who has the molds?

Tom Mason, former owner of Midnight Express now owns the molds and the name Powerplay. Last I talked to powerplaysales (tuna) at the NYC boat show in January, they were looking for a new location in the Miami - Ft. Lauderdale area to start production.

XPRESS 33PP 04-17-2008 03:22 PM

Latitude Powerboats leased the 33 CC mold from Tom to make thier 35 CC from what I'm told.