Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   32 Concept for 85K thread (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184574-32-concept-85k-thread.html)

yss 04-15-2008 10:27 PM

It did seem to me that there was an insinuation (in the other thread) that you can't sell the boat because it is a Concept. Therefore, I think Ms. Concept was was justified in defending her company. I can't believe the ranting going on about basically nothing. It's been my experience buying things (autos, boats...) that when you purchase things new and and go to sell them you LOSE your asss. To hope for anything better (especially under the current economic circumstances) is just wishful thinking.:party-smiley-004:

The nut kicking didn't help her though.

DollaBill 04-15-2008 10:30 PM

I just made it clear that the concept that I bought and sold lost more (%) than other boats I've dealt with. With that being said I've bought and sold over 1000 boats and been on the NADA board for used boat sales since '99. I never knocked the co or the product, just stated the facts of the depreciation. Do you have info I don't have?

Back4More 04-15-2008 10:51 PM

So she took it to heart and wanted to kick you in the nuts over it?

fountain4play 04-15-2008 11:43 PM

Well I'd have to say this has been entertaining to say the least...being one of the thousands of fellow "OSO'ers who doesn't apparently have a life and I took it all of this in with a "grain of salt"... hmmm I wonder is there someone here on OSO talented enough to make one of those "Celebrity Death Match" Claymation films with DollaBill in one corner and "Ms Concept in the other...now that would be an entertaining bout... :cool-smiley-026:

stecz20 04-15-2008 11:50 PM

i say f mrs concept, who this is really hurting is the paying members who own a concept, you guys know.....THE PEOPLE THAT PAY MEMBERSHIP... i have a few friends that own a concept and use the forum as i use the cig forum.... hurt mrs concept, dont hurt your paying members.....

FeverMike 04-16-2008 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bullhead (Post 2526234)
She's probably a little defensive after that "glowing review" their sport boat got in PowerBoat

Ouch!:hitfan::p:D

there has been more than 2 arguments with consumers on OSO on the Concept forum...ya gotta dig back some years.

FeverMike 04-16-2008 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by yss (Post 2526773)
It did seem to me that there was an insinuation (in the other thread) that you can't sell the boat because it is a Concept. Therefore, I think Ms. Concept was was justified in defending her company. I can't believe the ranting going on about basically nothing. It's been my experience buying things (autos, boats...) that when you purchase things new and and go to sell them you LOSE your asss. To hope for anything better (especially under the current economic circumstances) is just wishful thinking.:party-smiley-004:

The nut kicking didn't help her though.

Agree, but the 32 Concept DollaBill was selling was not a used boat. It was a new MSO boat...that is the whole point about all this...the resale, sell through, profit margin and so forth is horrible. That is the point Bill is trying to make.

FeverMike 04-16-2008 12:37 AM

Oh yeah I have a life but get bored on the road in hotels!

DollaBill 04-16-2008 06:46 AM

On my way to get a cup this morning. I'll be fed-ex'ing to their offices today. Ought to be good :)

ROCKSTAR1 04-16-2008 07:00 AM

Get your facts straight

You apparently only owned your Concept for a short time. Let me tell you that Rep stands behind the product like no other boat company I've ever worked with and I've purchased 4 new boats in the last 16months. After the sale she is still there for you. I am coming out of a 38ZR (nice boat also) but, when it comes to customer service Concept has it going on. Susan is one of the best and most caring person you will ever meet. You owe her an apology. By the way...they don't sell boats factory direct.