Notices

Sea Doo 255 hp!

Old 04-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Apache Brave
No your speed is way off, considering the factory speedo is always wrong! You ski should run 61-62 on GPS, what is the engine RPM at WOT?
Don't remember as it was October last year the last time I rode it hard, would guess about 7400 to 7500 rpm.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM

Damn Tracy, you keep this up and before long you will be trading the NT for a sailboat
Old 04-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Registered

I think they are going to be bigger POS's and blow up and de-laminate more frequently than the 215hp versions. With the ceramic washer's, the 215 lasted anywhere from 1 hour to 100 hours, it was a crap shoot, with the 255 hp's metal washer's, they certainly won't disintegrate like the ceramics, but i'd expect them to start slipping pretty soon.. I guess the real question would be whether or not the engine or the hull lets go first, they don't call them SEA-BOMB's for nothing..

AS for the SHO, lots of potential with that motor in it's detuned state and lightweight hull..

I have an 03 ultra 150 and an 07 250 hp ultra 250x, it's a gas hog but it will smoke any stock ski in the rough..

Just about any answer to any PWC question can be answered @ www.greenhulk.net

Last edited by Chris288; 04-16-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

im with ya on the ultra's...had the 1st year 1999 and it was a wicked ski and never an ounce of trouble...but man did it suck down fuel

Originally Posted by Chris288
I think they are going to be bigger POS's and blow up and de-laminate more frequently than the 215hp versions. With the ceramic washer's, the 215 lasted anywhere from 1 hour to 100 hours, it was a crap shoot, with the 255 hp's metal washer's, they certainly won't disintegrate like the ceramics, but i'd expect them to start slipping pretty soon.. I guess the real question would be whether or not the engine or the hull lets go first, they don't call them SEA-BOMB's for nothing..

AS for the SHO, lots of potential with that motor in it's detuned state and lightweight hull..

I have an 03 ultra 150 and an 07 250 hp ultra 250x, it's a gas hog but it will smoke any stock ski in the rough..

Just about any answer to any PWC question can be answered @ www.greenhulk.net
Old 04-16-2008, 04:03 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

The Ulta 250 had alot more recalls then the Sea Doo's have had, and the Ultra just came out last year, plus thier performace has been lackluster, the 15F is a better ski to mod.! The new Sea Doo X models are great ski's with great performance! The supercharger failure issue's have been a problem, but easy to fix as long as the ceramic washers dont fall into the motor!!, The new Supercharger Sea Doo developed for the X- models has to be serviced every 100 hours or the ski goes into limp mode, and they are a completly different and better Supercharger! Hey Chris are you a member of Green Hulk?

Last edited by WMF; 04-16-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

The Ulta 250 had alot more recalls then the Sea Doo's have had, and the Ultra just came out last year, plus thier performace has been lackluster, the 15F is a better ski to mod.! The new Sea Doo X models are great ski's with great performance! The supercharger failure issue's have been a problem, but easy to fix as long as the ceramic washers dont fall into the motor!!, The new Supercharger Sea Doo developed for the X- models has to be serviced every 100 hours or the ski goes into limp mode, and they are a completly different and better Supercharger! Hey Chris are you a member of Green Hulk?
the ultra came out in either 1998 or 1999...i had a 1999 and nothing on the water STOCK could hang !!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

i put over 150 hours on my ultra in 2.5 seasons and never had any issues or failures. used 100% salt water, usually ran in 1-2 ft chop...did a ride plate and water box and it never left me hanging
Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the ultra, rxp-x, rxt, and sho all run within a mile or 2 of each other. seadoo failures , to what i have seen are less then the kawi and less then the yamaha.
yamis engines are detuned for now as the are being testbeded for the yami boat line.
according to the rep, who was just in today , along with the spyders reps, says they expect no issues with the new x. better intercooler, injectors, maping, exhaust, and a host of other improvements.
as for the hulls i ll let you know as shinnecock inlet is less than4 minutes away on those machines and we frequent the surf out there to trully test the machines.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monstaaa
the ultra, rxp-x, rxt, and sho all run within a mile or 2 of each other. seadoo failures , to what i have seen are less then the kawi and less then the yamaha.
yamis engines are detuned for now as the are being testbeded for the yami boat line.
according to the rep, who was just in today , along with the spyders reps, says they expect no issues with the new x. better intercooler, injectors, maping, exhaust, and a host of other improvements.
as for the hulls i ll let you know as shinnecock inlet is less than4 minutes away on those machines and we frequent the surf out there to trully test the machines.
Excellent! Thanx!!! Trace
Old 04-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I am..and the Sea-Doo has the most amount of failures..Just read the forums...Ive had 6 of them..great new and turn all Junk in 3 mos..Fast in smooth water but in the ruff stuff the Kawasaki are more like a boat..not as fun and they do suck fuel, but has an excellent ride. My 2 07 Ultra 150 and 250's are the best ski's Ive owned to date. 152 hours on the 150 and 80 on the 250..been trouble free...

Quick Reply: Sea Doo 255 hp!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.