Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2008 Revolution Performance Marine W/Taylor Performance 848 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184767-2008-revolution-performance-marine-w-taylor-performance-848-a.html)

26 REDLINE 05-20-2008 07:16 PM

Norway Boat

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few photos of the Norway boat during testing:cool-smiley-011:I will have more in a few days, they are getting it buffed out for the little boat ride it has to make to Norway:evilb:

26 REDLINE 05-21-2008 08:56 AM

More Norway Pics

3 Attachment(s)
The boat is off to the ship:cool-smiley-026:off to Norway

26 REDLINE 05-21-2008 08:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics:evilb:

26 REDLINE 05-21-2008 09:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
:cool-smiley-027:

rlj676 05-21-2008 11:34 AM

26 Redline, I love these boats and am considering one if I'm insurable on a cat and can handle the budget for one.

Is there any hop at any speeds? Also, due to insurance/costs I'd be starting with an HO (with plans to up that later), with the right prop do you see any issues getting on plane quickly? The one tested in powerboat took a while, but it also ran a 94.5 or something with a 525.

26 REDLINE 05-21-2008 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by rlj676 (Post 2565360)
26 Redline, I love these boats and am considering one if I'm insurable on a cat and can handle the budget for one.

Is there any hop at any speeds? Also, due to insurance/costs I'd be starting with an HO (with plans to up that later), with the right prop do you see any issues getting on plane quickly? The one tested in powerboat took a while, but it also ran a 94.5 or something with a 525.

I drove the 525 boat that was in all of the mags, it wasn't bad at all to get on plane I would think you could do a little upgrading to the 496HO :party-smiley-004:and get what the 525 boat did. There is a little hop in the 80's but after that the sky is the limit...I hope you can work it all out with a 496, and living where you live insurance should only cost you around 1200 to 1500 a year:Whatever:I live in south Louisiana, for some reason they think I'm going offshore:hitfan: like I told them I could live in Idaho and get to the coast:grinser010: Give Miranda a call @

http://www.americanmarineinsurance.com/

She sounds hot and will get you the best price on insurance, tell her I told you to call:cool-smiley-027:

rlj676 05-22-2008 08:00 AM

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, my plan is to start with the 496HO, and then do the Raylar 525 kit or supercharge once I have cat experience for insurance and more money for the upgrade.

A hop at 80 won't be a problem with an HO, and once I upgrade I should be able to drive through it then.

I'm guessing there's hurricane costs in your insurance. I at least get a 6 month layup to save money.:cool-smiley-011:

If I can swing a new boat the RPM will be it. I've seen some pics of the red and gray one they're building (I think it's Steve's boat, or is suppossed to be) with graphics very similar to yours, and it looks good. I'm normally a blue and silver guy, (really love your boat) but the red/black/gray is growing on me too as I've been seeing it on more boats lately it seems.

five cent worth 05-22-2008 08:15 AM

That dash on the orange boat looks phucking sweet!! :musik010:

26 REDLINE 06-04-2008 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by rlj676 (Post 2566476)
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, my plan is to start with the 496HO, and then do the Raylar 525 kit or supercharge once I have cat experience for insurance and more money for the upgrade.

A hop at 80 won't be a problem with an HO, and once I upgrade I should be able to drive through it then.

I'm guessing there's hurricane costs in your insurance. I at least get a 6 month layup to save money.:cool-smiley-011:

If I can swing a new boat the RPM will be it. I've seen some pics of the red and gray one they're building (I think it's Steve's boat, or is suppossed to be) with graphics very similar to yours, and it looks good. I'm normally a blue and silver guy, (really love your boat) but the red/black/gray is growing on me too as I've been seeing it on more boats lately it seems.

Hey Rlj676 have you talked to Steve anymore about a boat, you could get the 2nd boat he built, he hasn't had time to finish it since Norms boat, my boat and all of the Norway boats...which he has started on #2 last week it will be out to Norway around the end of July:evilb:. give Steve a call, I know he will do you right.:cool-smiley-027:

By the way I will be putting up another post of just how remarkable Steve and his guys are...stay tuned:D