Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   36 concept (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184799-36-concept.html)

thisistank 04-18-2008 09:10 PM

Besides all the concept drama with their rep (or whoever it is), I've always really liked them. They are def. one of the nicest looking CC's on the market. My question is, how bad is it that they are not "self bailing"??

BRD 04-18-2008 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by PurePassion38 (Post 2530125)
Jeremy- Although I’ve yet to be out on a Concept last year at the Miami show we climbed all over the Concepts. Spent a good couple hours going over them.

I'd personally look at getting a used 24' for Lanier and then be able to trailer it around to all the smaller lakes in Michigan/Ohio

Leo is this your Concept? Took this pic last summer.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...7/100_1301.jpg

Thanks 38 ! Thats a great pic of the boat at her favorite destination ! We do that trip as often as we can .... 70+ miles each way over open water .... get there by noon for one of Michelles' famous bloody's .... and back home right at dusk for last call at Kramers fire pit !!! C'mon summer !!!

wananewboat 04-19-2008 09:34 AM

BRD, What do you get for speed with that setup? Is that Wicked Two next to you? He looks like he has the same power. You guys don't like the look of the arch on the 36s.

LEOPAJM 04-21-2008 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by wananewboat (Post 2531150)
BRD, What do you get for speed with that setup? Is that Wicked Two next to you? He looks like he has the same power. You guys don't like the look of the arch on the 36s.

Wanna ,,, gets a little better then 70 tops in the real world . The no arch thing gives it more of a "sportboat" look and feel ... and theres one lees thing to rattle ect .... BTW , yes , thats the old WW2 . :cool-smiley-011:

FeverMike 04-21-2008 01:28 PM

The 36 Concept boats look great with out the arch...plus less aero-drag should gain a few MPH

FeverMike 04-21-2008 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2530814)
Besides all the concept drama with their rep (or whoever it is), I've always really liked them. They are def. one of the nicest looking CC's on the market. My question is, how bad is it that they are not "self bailing"??

For the performance boater that keep the boat on a trailer inside the boat not being self bailing is not an issue other than resale. the issue with it no being self bailing is if you keep it outside on a lift or do some offshore fishing.

If it rains or if you wash the fish blood off the deck or take some water over the bow, from the transome and so forth everything is draining to the bildge and that is a safety issue. Fish scales and guts will mess up a bildge pump too. My boat even covered sat on the lift and when it rained the water drained to the bildge and the battery died trying to pump it out all day.

DENNYB 04-21-2008 01:56 PM

Most of the boaters who own Concepts are meticulois who live and die cleaning and waxing their Concept constantly.
I am also one of those too.A full Mooring cover is highly recomended to keep the cockpit clean and when it rains it keeps a majority of the water out of the boat while on a lift.
It is well worth having one besides just the Console helm & seat covers only. The Concepts is more of a go-fast center console than a fishing boat because it is the way the Concept boat presents itself.Now you can custom option it out in the way you'd like with live wells & dive holding tanks etc. It all comes down to the customers preferences.

thisistank 04-21-2008 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2533139)
For the performance boater that keep the boat on a trailer inside the boat not being self bailing is not an issue other than resale. the issue with it no being self bailing is if you keep it outside on a lift or do some offshore fishing.

If it rains or if you wash the fish blood off the deck or take some water over the bow, from the transome and so forth everything is draining to the bildge and that is a safety issue. Fish scales and guts will mess up a bildge pump too. My boat even covered sat on the lift and when it rained the water drained to the bildge and the battery died trying to pump it out all day.

Ahhhh, makes sense....So to me (not a fisher) who likes the style of the boat and the multi use it wouldn't be a big deal:D

stecz20 04-21-2008 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2533160)
Ahhhh, makes sense....So to me (not a fisher) who likes the style of the boat and the multi use it wouldn't be a big deal:D

stop wasteing peoples time with your homoness.....

thisistank 04-21-2008 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20 (Post 2533186)
stop wasteing peoples time with your homoness.....

LOL! Stecz you're such a sh!t talker.

It's a good thing people around here have patience for your love of the cock!