Notices

36 concept

Old 04-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wananewboat
I like the 36, I just wish they could change the seating angle so the driver could put their feet on an angle and not have to drive standing up straight and adjust the stearing to come straight at you more. The donzi has a nice angle on their console.
Very true. Many boats are built this way with the angled foot rests. These make boating in rougher water more comfortable. this was one thing I never understood why the boat test mags did not bring this up in the many Concept reviews. The angled foot rest's were something I missed when I owned my 36 Concept.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Mike, My previous boat was a Formula and it was very nice to have my feet at an angle and bring the McLeods up under my legs and not have to reach for anything, the wheel was right there and the throttles were also within reach. Do you think the 36 could be made to be selfbailing or does it sit to low in the water. I would think that if it could done it would be an easy fix.

I am sure that Concept has a lot to do, but if I owned any boat company I would be on sites like this and make changes to improve the boat each year. Granted you will never make everyone happy, but seating position is very important to me and selfbailing makes a lot of sence.

Stop droping the F bomb.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cfischer
Why do you always talk about your Fountain when someone is asking about a Concept????
Just be happy Active Thunder doesn't make a CC.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bluellama
Just be happy Active Thunder doesn't make a CC.
thats in the works...model..the cult...
Old 04-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Yes I know shore power and battery charger is an option. I had a battery charger on my 36....NEVER said it was not an option!

When the boat is on the lift you can not get to the drain plug. At least on my lift you can't. Also the Y valve you speak of will not drain the cockpit while on the lift I was told at the Concept both at the Miami show. Also while the boat is sitting in the water since the deck is below the water line the boat will not self bail. You have to be on plane to get the water to run out but again I was told it does not work really well. I was disapointed to here that and kept it to myself but since everyone thinks I do not know anything I had to speak up and post what I was told.

If I was told wrong would someone PLEASE explain this then so we can put it to rest!
I was informed that the Y valve is set up to drain the cockpit while on the lift. That is was made an option to help in draining the batteries down if a charger/shore power in not installed. I have not seen one before but will be better able to answer this in about two weeks when a customers boat arrives with this set up. I never said you did't say the charger was not an option. I am just making it known for those who do not know it IS an option and can help in keeping the batteries up. You are correct in that it can not be self bailing since it sits too low. It would be nice if it was then none of this would be an issue.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomdjoe
I was informed that the Y valve is set up to drain the cockpit while on the lift. That is was made an option to help in draining the batteries down if a charger/shore power in not installed. I have not seen one before but will be better able to answer this in about two weeks when a customers boat arrives with this set up. I never said you did't say the charger was not an option. I am just making it known for those who do not know it IS an option and can help in keeping the batteries up. You are correct in that it can not be self bailing since it sits too low. It would be nice if it was then none of this would be an issue.
tomdjoe, Could you do me a favor and post pictures of this Y valve cockpit bailing system when you get your customers boat in stock? Let me know how if it works good too. Maybe while the boat is on a trailer put a hose in it with running water and open the valve and see how good it works...I would appreciate that. Thanks!

wannaboat, I always loved the great ergonomic feel of the Formula while at the helm. The adjustable angled foot rests are really cool!

bluellama, I hope Active brings a cool CC to market. They would do a great job I bet.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mike,
Looking forward to the latitude test ride next week? Orlando told me that it will likely be on Wednesday so make sure you are in town. Mike
Old 04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am seriously looking at a 36 I am a two boat owner 1) a 59 Fairline Squadron and a 03 410 searay dancer, I had a 38 Gunn (tanner has it now) and miss the speed and really dont want to take the 59 out all the time, I cant seem to sell the searay so i thought of trading it in, the boat show price is $159900 with trailer and twin 300 verados. with 5yr warr on them, They are giveing me $180.000 for the searay and $22.000 cash back. is this a good deal ??? and i have heard that the 36 porpuses at full throttle is this true?? or is that only on the 32. IS this a DEAL OR NO DEAL on this 08 36??

Last edited by fubard; 04-23-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: didnt make sense
Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fubard
I am seriously looking at a 36 Im trading a 41 dancer in on and its here in sarasota it has twin 300 verados on it, I have a 59 fairline squadron and cant seem to sell the searay, so i thought i would trade it in on the 36. that way to have to take the 59 out all the time just to run around in, I had a cig (tanner has it now) and miss the speed, they had a boat show special of 159900 with a 5yr warr. anybody want to try to beat it?? they are giving me 200.000 for the searay. and that includes the trailer for the boat. DEAL OR NO DEAL
I would think that would be a real aggressive price. The dealer is a new concept dealer and that is right in Susan's backyard. I have seen the 30 and 32 they have but did not see the 36. I heard it had a really nice paint job.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Mike,
Looking forward to the latitude test ride next week? Orlando told me that it will likely be on Wednesday so make sure you are in town. Mike
they moved it from Monday? Both Lisa and I are out of town on Wednesday. I can't make the test ride then....arrrgh! I am gone Tuesday till late Friday. I scheduled this business trip to leave then for this test ride.

Quick Reply: 36 concept

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.