Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Took the Pantera out today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184984-took-pantera-out-today.html)

rchevelle71 04-22-2008 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by wantingmore (Post 2534051)
Congrats Rick,
Good to see it in the water. I'm looking forward to seeing it over here soon.
Tom

or over there, I may come over next month, if I can get a weekend off between races:D

Wardey 04-22-2008 08:37 AM

Look's good Rick. Congrats !!! Dave

rchevelle71 04-22-2008 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wardey (Post 2534113)
Look's good Rick. Congrats !!! Dave

Thanks Dave,

Will we see ya in lauderdale??

Rick

Wardey 04-22-2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2534201)
Thanks Dave,

Will we see ya in lauderdale??

Rick

Probably not. Lot going on right now. Sarasota for sure tho. Dave

Ed 04-22-2008 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2533953)
Hey Frank,

That is Old Key Lime House, it is the oldest waterfront bar/restaurant in Florida. It is just North of Boynton inlet, southwest side of the Lantana Bridge. They have 2 retaurants, and 2 Tiki bars, the owner and his wife split up, and divided the place, one side has table service, and full meals, the other is barfood at the TikiBar. It is an OK place, but not really worth the ride from Miami, I just wanted something different than 2 georges/Bananna Boat, and couldnt deal with the idle to shooters, or the cove, I plan on doing a day on the water in lauderdale soon, if ya wanna drag the Cig up to Shooters.

Rick

Heres the oldest florida waterfront restaurant & bar... www.CapsPlace.com Congradulations Rick on getting her bottom wet, I know its been years in the making.:cool-smiley-011:

rchevelle71 04-22-2008 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 2534236)
Heres the oldest florida waterfront restaurant & bar... www.CapsPlace.com Congradulations Rick on getting her bottom wet, I know its been years in the making.:cool-smiley-011:

I think your correct on Caps Place, i forgot about that, seems to be some conflict, but I went to ketLimes site, and althought the "House" is older, it doesnt mention anything about the restaurant until 1989. How do i get to Caps by water, wanna try it out sometime. Thanks on the boat.

Ed 04-23-2008 04:09 PM

Caps Place

Cap's Place is just inside the Hillsboro Inlet, about 300 yards north on the west side of the ditch. A very little known secret, thats never publicized, is that you can actually drive right up to the restaurant, without having to take your boat or their shuttle boat. But, hey...thats the romance of Cap's Place.:drink:A lot of history there.

rchevelle71 04-23-2008 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 2536178)
Cap's Place is just inside the Hillsboro Inlet, about 300 yards north on the west side of the ditch. A very little known secret, thats never publicized, is that you can actually drive right up to the restaurant, without having to take your boat or their shuttle boat. But, hey...thats the romance of Cap's Place.:drink:A lot of history there.

Cool,

I have heard of it, but thought ya had to take the shuttle.