Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat transport help, from NJ to Fl. >

Boat transport help, from NJ to Fl.

Notices

Boat transport help, from NJ to Fl.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man the hauling business has got to sux right now, if you haul one way at 1000miles, thats 2250.00 fuel will be 900 oneway that leaves you 1350 to cover food, truck payment, insurance, wear and tear thats 675 a day to pay for all that. thats tuff my old man gets 500 a day per guy that works for him pays out about 260 for there pay ,insurance.other parts of the job are greater fees to. trucking,travel time and so forth. so IF A TRUCK HAULER like jeff is getting 2.25 or 2.50 thats reasonable I think for all the expenses they have with fuel at 4.50 a gal wheres our phucken congress oh wait they don't pay for gas or cars there free we pay for them VOTE EVERYONE OUT OF OFFICE NEXT TIME AROUND.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Nope.. just some reasonable price and I got it.
I understand all the comments, but yours.
sure looks like your looking for a free ride i had someone call you to do the haul and they said you wanted to pay next to nothing. Boating is not a cheap mans hobby. Pay up!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should have called me, you have my number. I have been bringing boats back from Flordia weekly going down with an empty trailer.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
it will run you about 2.25 to 2.50 per mile plus 10% fuel surcharge. also depends on if the boat is oversize or legal
I don't know how you do it that cheap with fuel at it's current level. Have to be getting awfully good mileage to have anything left for yourself, or you never have to deadhead for a load.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie
You should have called me, you have my number. I have been bringing boats back from Flordia weekly going down with an empty trailer.
Chit.. I am sorry. I been going nuts lately due to many things.
My head been spinning.. (I don't even know where you number might be) but the hauling is set. The boat is on the road. It's been a frustrating few months, and now my Dad been diagnosed with the F'ing cancer thing...

Last edited by PARADOX; 04-26-2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: sp
Old 04-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cd680
sure looks like your looking for a free ride i had someone call you to do the haul and they said you wanted to pay next to nothing. Boating is not a cheap mans hobby. Pay up!!!!
I did pay up.. Next time some one wants to buy a car or build a home, I want to see them paying sticker price and get the fee that I want for Construction Services. As soon as I get my "wish" fees, I will stop getting competative prices for services I need. I thought this was a free enterprice and competative "bidding" world.
Just becouse some have deep pockets and will pay through the nose for everyting... there are "reasonable" business practices some of us other guys have to exercize.
However.. I do apprecitate the contacts and calls.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned

heavy haul. if the boat is a legal load I make a decent living, My truck gets twice the miliage of your larger class 8 tractors. Empty I get 11.5mpg and depending on the boat anywhere from 8 to 9.5 loaded. Unlike when I was in the car hauling business I now have no office or office personal to pay, I do this out of my house. No safety officer, no Hr office, no full time mechanics and the list goes on as you already know. When I have to permit a load yes I get more and charge for that since I can't run through the night. And the cost of the permits. I have annual permits for some states.

Last edited by bgchuby01; 04-26-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Chit.. I am sorry. I been going nuts lately due to many things.
My head been pinning.. (I don't even know where you number might be) but the hauling is set. The boat is on the road. It's been a frustrating few months, and now my Dad been diagnosed with the F'ing cancer thing...
Sorry to hear about your dad Paradox. He and your family will be in our prayers.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
Sorry to hear about your dad Paradox. He and your family will be in our prayers.
Thank you and my Dad thanks you. I will be going up North in a few weeks for a visit.
The Avanti is in St Pete. as of this afternoon getting the motors.
It's time to concentrate on more important stuff.. like family.