My baby..is getting cleaned... >

My baby..is getting cleaned...

Notices

My baby..is getting cleaned...

Old 04-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My baby..is getting cleaned...

Had thew chance to get the boat out of the marina and get it home to cleaner up.. I had some water in the bilge up past the starter over the winter and thought the starter was full of rust.. turned the engine over and the starter did engage.,. I think it should be fine as I use it more and more..
I wantt to use the muffs and start this bad boy. how long can I run it for..I beleive it is an open colling system.. impeller is brnad new..
Old 04-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Water up over the starter??
Did you store it with the plug in??

Oooohhh - ouch, not good.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

wow.. bouyhunter.,. I never thought I would here that name again..
it was found that during the winterzing the mechanic dropped some sockets.. thought he got them all but two remained and even though the drian plug was out .. water from meltign snow added up, froze and then melted..
K
Old 04-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by YOLO
Had thew chance to get the boat out of the marina and get it home to cleaner up.. I had some water in the bilge up past the starter over the winter and thought the starter was full of rust.. turned the engine over and the starter did engage.,. I think it should be fine as I use it more and more..
I wantt to use the muffs and start this bad boy. how long can I run it for..I beleive it is an open colling system.. impeller is brnad new..
I am guessing smallblock? You can run it for a while. I would always run mine on the hose long enough to come up to temp and stabilize. (So that I knew my thermostats were working before I launch.) Just remember that a little street water pressure goes a long way. And this time of year that water is cold and it will take longer to warm up.

Change your oil. Change your outdrive gear oil. Change your fuel/water separator.
Find a new person to do your winterizing?