Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Attorney needed in MD (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/185201-attorney-needed-md.html)

DollaBill 04-25-2008 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Donzi Corleone (Post 2537458)
That all it is Cuda,PRINCIPAL!!!!!!! I'll try my best to get SAMS involved and consider revoking her certificate. It's not about the money and I do like the boat. It's the fact she botched it and won't even talk with me. All I wanted was a refund on the survey and I would let it go.

She should refund you the money and be done with it. The last thing you want is to be burned at the stake on here.............................................. ..............:)

Queenie 04-25-2008 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by WILDMAN (Post 2537741)
I think the biggest problem with this survey, is the word "SHE"

That's not true. There are many women out there that know more than some men about boats. And there are many men who know a lot that still learn new things all the time.

Donzi Corleone 04-26-2008 07:28 AM

Joyce Nolen - Accredited Marine Surveyor 2002
Nolen's Marine Surveying
26355 West Pointail Road
Millsboro, Delaware 19966
443-350-3447 -O, 410-287-0742 -Fax -MD, 302-947-1456-Fax -DE
[email protected]
Specialty: Yachts, Small Craft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the surveyor...

Donzi Corleone 04-27-2008 08:13 AM

Spread the word on this surveyor!! DO NOT USE THIS SURVEYOR!

Sulfur1 04-27-2008 10:27 AM

Donzi Corleone,

I know what your going through. I bought a boat from a guy out of New Jersey. Survey came back with the usual little things, except of course the cracked heads and that the oil pans were rotted out and ready to let go. I even contacted a lawyer on here and he just said theres nothing we can really do, maybe send a nastygram to the surveyor and the seller and ask for some type of help with the financial end of the repairs. But besides that...nothing. I did call the seller and told him about the problems, he ofcourse played dumb. This was back in Aug. 07, I just got the engines to a reputable engine shop in the area. Then there off to a marine mechanic to replace the marine portions of the engines, and drop them back into the boat. I probably won't be out on the water until next season...maybe?

pachanga 04-27-2008 11:32 AM

I don't know if this applies. From my understanding a boat surveyor tests the strcture of the boat, not the mechanical parts of the boat. I was told if you want a mechanical survey take it to a boat mechanic and pay for all the pertinate tests and inspections.

Donzi Corleone 04-29-2008 06:51 PM

No, they do mechanical making sure all swithes and gauges do what there suppose to do along with the appearence of EVERYTHING. ECM hours ck is a standard very basic ck. I was not asking to tear the drive and internal parts down. My issues are ligite and should have been caught by a surveyor.