Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales >

Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Notices

Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Old 05-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
One question for you Texoma. It seems to me that you think it is ok that the seller lied about the condition and said FU when it was discovered. If you think this is ok for a boat seller, is this ok for you to do to your clients/customers?
Good question, which will hopefully give all of you more hindsight into my reasoning. No I do not think it is OK for someone to blatantly lie to someone merely to gain a profit. However, I was never convinced that this was the case. Its hard for me to just take your word for the facts when the sole purpose of this thread is to blackball a dealer. I read in another post that the seller informed the buyer that the one engine was running when the other one blew. They probobly never winterized the other motor. If the one engine was blown, then weren't you planning on atleast doing a rebuild on the other? Hopefully thats all that is needed.

If you want to hang someone out to dry you ought to look to the previous owner of the cig. The agent can only represent what he was told. If you pay $10K for a lamborghini do I really need to tell you everything wrong with it? By pricing it at $50K your bascially saying buyer beware. I hate shady dealers just as much as everyone else, but you have to look at both sides.

As for the buyer - all is not lost. IMO that boat is still worth $50K and if you can't come up with a resolution or you can't foot the bill then sell it. Maybe even see what you can get on a trade in. Thats my solution.........seems pretty cut and dry to me. I made the same suggestion to a guy who had tons of problems with a brand new baja and he did the same thing and has since never looked back. I hope this helps and If your jones'n for a ride this summer on Texoma I'd be happy to give you one.

Oh ya - don't do the lawyer thing, you will not win and that money belongs in the boat, not some lawyers pocketbook with nothing to show for.

Jayhawk - when I say you I mean everyone..... trying not to single you out.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Can the locked motor be broken loose? Get the PB Blaster out and start soaking the cylinders. A big azz breaker bar on the harmonic balancer bolt might be able to get her spinning again and it could be salvageable. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I guess I can see now why you didn't feel the mechanical survey was necessary. Hopefully the seller has a change of heart and offers some sort of compensation to make the deal right. Good luck.

Jeff
Its beyond freeing up every spark plug has rust on it and the oil was milk. I will get some pics of the plugs so everyone can see.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Good question, which will hopefully give all of you more hindsight into my reasoning. No I do not think it is OK for someone to blatantly lie to someone merely to gain a profit. However, I was never convinced that this was the case. Its hard for me to just take your word for the facts when the sole purpose of this thread is to blackball a dealer. I read in another post that the seller informed the buyer that the one engine was running when the other one blew. They probobly never winterized the other motor. If the one engine was blown, then weren't you planning on atleast doing a rebuild on the other? Hopefully thats all that is needed.

If you want to hang someone out to dry you ought to look to the previous owner of the cig. The agent can only represent what he was told. If you pay $10K for a lamborghini do I really need to tell you everything wrong with it? By pricing it at $50K your bascially saying buyer beware. I hate shady dealers just as much as everyone else, but you have to look at both sides.

As for the buyer - all is not lost. IMO that boat is still worth $50K and if you can't come up with a resolution or you can't foot the bill then sell it. Maybe even see what you can get on a trade in. Thats my solution.........seems pretty cut and dry to me. I made the same suggestion to a guy who had tons of problems with a brand new baja and he did the same thing and has since never looked back. I hope this helps and If your jones'n for a ride this summer on Texoma I'd be happy to give you one.

Oh ya - don't do the lawyer thing, you will not win and that money belongs in the boat, not some lawyers pocketbook with nothing to show for.

A motor being blown and I motor needed head gaskets is two different things. The motor was never advertised as blown it was needs the top end which I got from the original owner. The other motor that was together suppose to be turn key not turn key and "clunk" my bad.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:02 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Disagree. If the seller represented something to the broker it's the brokers responsibility to either 1) not say anything about the condition or 2) verify the condition and relay that info. Period.

If Stacey has been in the biz for ANY length of time he should know that sh!t rolls downhill and both the buyer and seller will look to him as an out. Is the broker lic'd in Florida (and recip states)? If he is we cn call Louise in Tallahassee (?) and I'll ask her. she runs the place and is a great lady

"You can stick your head up a cow's azz, but I'd rather take the butchers word for it"...........

Last edited by DollaBill; 05-01-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

However, I was never convinced that this was the case. Its hard for me to just take your word for the facts when the sole purpose of this thread is to blackball a dealer.
Damn, its a good thing that your opinion does not f ucking matter then. The purpose of this thread is to warn people not to buy from stacey riddle. The money doesn't matter at this point. stacey called Dustin and said that he was going to start the engine and then winterize it. He then called back and said that the batterys were dead and that it would not turn over. When it got here the batteries were actually charged enough to turn on every light in the boat, lift the engine hatch numerous times, and operate both drives/tabs. What is your take in this texoma? For a fellow boater 1 state away you sure seem to have an agenda here??
Old 05-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater If you want to hang someone out to dry you ought to look to the previous owner of the cig. The agent can only represent what he was told. If you pay $10K for a lamborghini do I really need to tell you everything wrong with it? By pricing it at $50K your bascially saying buyer beware. I hate shady dealers just as much as everyone else, but you have to look at both sides

stacey was the previous owner.....

Last edited by baja36ft; 05-01-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jryan26
Damn, its a good thing that your opinion does not f ucking matter then. The purpose of this thread is to warn people not to buy from stacey riddle. The money doesn't matter at this point. stacey called Dustin and said that he was going to start the engine and then winterize it. He then called back and said that the batterys were dead and that it would not turn over. When it got here the batteries were actually charged enough to turn on every light in the boat, lift the engine hatch numerous times, and operate both drives/tabs. What is your take in this texoma? For a fellow boater 1 state away you sure seem to have an agenda here??
Just remember when we pee in Grand it eventually runs into Texoma.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:27 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baja36ft
If you want to hang someone out to dry you ought to look to the previous owner of the cig. The agent can only represent what he was told. If you pay $10K for a lamborghini do I really need to tell you everything wrong with it? By pricing it at $50K your bascially saying buyer beware. I hate shady dealers just as much as everyone else, but you have to look at both sides

stacey was the previous owner.....
Nope. Wrong. If you tell me you need to sell a rolex cheap thats ok. If you say you're going to pay me a % for selling it great!

When I have to answer ?'s about the thing I' selling I would say "I dont know or let me find out" When DB "vouched" for the boat he got caught up. end of story.

Last edited by DollaBill; 05-02-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DollaBill
If the seller represented something to the broker it's the brokers responsibility to either 1) not say anything about the condition or 2) verify the condition and relay that info. Period.

If Stacey has been in the biz for ANY length of time he should know that sh!t rolls downhill and both the buyer and seller will look to him as an out.
WOOAAAHHHH

Wait.....In my short but to the point conversation with Stacey he told me word for word the boat was a repo, and that HE REPO'ED IT.... from a guy who bought it from him and owned him money....

Stacey also told me that Dustin tracked the guy down in town and got the other parts (I assume the missing parts) while Dustin was in town to pick up the boat....

Point is Stacey WAS THE OWNER/currator of the boat. In another post I recall someone saying Stacey had been seen using the boat last summer, didnt the heads fail on Stacey and he called "ASMITH" for parts and help....isnt that something else that came up in this thread?

Just trying to keep some of the facts straight......

Stacey was the owner (he repo'ed it), operator, repoman, seller, misrepresenter, liar and theif...
Old 05-01-2008, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we've determined that Stacy Riddle is a liar,crook and a sleeze bag but dont we all know that most people in the boat business(most not all) or any business for that matter cant be trusted. For what it's worth can you trust anybody in this day and time. It's all business and when someone can screw you out of a buck there going too. Sad but true.

Last edited by ACTIVESHACK; 05-01-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.