Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Notices

Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Old 04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on my last boat buying experience. I just recently purchased a boat from Stacey Riddle at Bay Area Marine Virginia Beach Boats. Everything was good until I got the boat myself. The boat was represented to me as one motor needs everything from the heads up and the other is turn key and runs. That is what I was expecting to receive. Well that was not the case when I received it the motor that suppose to run is locked up and won't even turn over. I have given Stacey the option to make things right and he just says you signed a contract as is and thats it. I called him again this morning and he just says fuk U and blaa blaa blaa you got a good deal so what if you have to rebuild both. I understand if the motor would have started and blew up thats my problem but when it won't even turn over thats shady business. The boat was misrepresented to me and if I would have known that it needed new power I would have known and expected that. But to be told one thing and receive another is a different story. Just thought I would give everyone a heads up. I did have the boat surveyed but just structural and he told the surveyor as well the boat just needs that one motor put back together the other is turn key. I just wanted to warn people before dealing with this guy. What do you guys think?

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Sucks, just be Hopeful they will make thing right for you.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking at the same boat and before I even gave him an offer he pissed me off. I don't take lightly to rude people when I'm trying to purchase something from them. It is a beautiful boat though, sorry about the engines.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Registered

I think it sucks. What sucks more is it seems that this is becoming a more common theme than it used to be. Why is it that this industry draws scumbag thieving sales organizations. The really scary part is that it usually isn't one person, but a whole organization geared towards screwing anyone who walks in the door. I always wondered in the Bond movies how the evil mastermind could find so many people to work for him and do evil. Apparently some people in the boat sales industry have the same power to find evil-doers.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

carter,thanks for posting this- forewarned is forearmed - jeff
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a lying scumbag..

Last edited by jryan26; 04-27-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told by that guy that I could have it at a certain price and even talked to wstult about it and was going to get it and was then told "no thanks, I have someone who is going to pay me more money"

Sorry to hear that was you, and Wstultz is right, the guy can piss you off fast.

Was the boat still clean and in good condition?

I knew that deal smelled fishy.

Go over there and kick him in the nuts.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered

Figure on doing both motors anyways. Then you know what you got in there. Rather be doing them now than in July.

Let me see what I can dig up on this a-hole.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The boat was fithy when I got it. I took his word that the other motor was good. So I buffed and detailed the whole boat first. I have had the heads getting done at the machine shop for the other motor. So in the mean time I have been waiting 3 weeks for him to send me some parts and he hasn't done that as well. So last weekend I was going to pull the valve covers off to see what rockers and pushrods I needed when I discovered it was locked up. So new power is being built now.

Last edited by carter38; 04-25-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

carter, is this the TG he was riding around in last summer? if so, does it still have a nick in the bow where the fork lift driver brushed it across my old boat?

Sorry he screwed you. Stacey has always been very friendly to me. I had him do some minor repair work for me years ago, that was fine and good.

Last edited by Macklin; 04-25-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.