Camcorder for Boat Videos?

Notices

Camcorder for Boat Videos?

Old 03-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Camcorder for Boat Videos?

After seeing the thread of the Superboat running, I want to get a camcorder to mount on my boat for poker runs. I have a perfect spot between the 1/4 canopies on the center bow rail using a bar mounting system. Does anyone have any good recommendations for brand, model, or type? I am assuming it should be a hard drive camera and I want to be able to plug in a separate microphone.

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reliable had some really cool looking small wireless ones that clicked into a mount saw them in key west just before they flipped.... maybe ask tom abrams ?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/n.../sportscam.jsp

http://digitalcameras.engadget.com/2...0l-and-sc-x20/
Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

i looked at those at best buy awhile ago and they told me they were discontinued ?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Registered

I put a 4 camera system on my 38ZRC. I used a police cruiser style hard mount DVR, there is a new one that can take 8G's of force. Mount just like a head unit in the boat. The great thing about these units is that they record all 4 cameras at the same time so no matter what you are viewing in the boat the DVR is getting all 4 views. http://www.supercircuits.com/index.a...OD&ProdID=5965
Old 03-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one of those Samsungs and took it back. It just wasn't durable enough and the remote camera connections corroded right away. It was in the shop 3 times.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

What I am really looking for is a good remote "helmet cam" that plugs into a good camcorder that I can use on the boat but also have as a regular camcorder and I don't want a permanent camera mounted on the boat.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

samsung hasvnew model
Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
What I am really looking for is a good remote "helmet cam" that plugs into a good camcorder that I can use on the boat but also have as a regular camcorder and I don't want a permanent camera mounted on the boat.
Our company has a pocket size DVR audio/video recorder with a color monitor screen built-in. It has a remote camera (4' cord) that is shockproof and waterproof. Comes with a lithium ion rechargable battery and 2G flash drive card. Amazing size (cigarette pack) DVR has software built-in for adjusts to operations. Can be ramped up to 30fps. High resolution also. Used for entry teams and arson investigators.
Email me and I can get you in touch with our sales staff.

One of these will be on my boat this year.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Racer
Racer

www.jonescam.tv JBS Racing recommends this system. Haven't seen it but looks good on website

Quick Reply: Camcorder for Boat Videos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.