Notices

san diego 4/30 - 5/3

Old 05-02-2008, 03:24 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Last year we rafted up on the north side of the bridge, to the south of the races. Unfortunately the C.G. had everyone simply too far from the races to enjoy them. From our position, it was a bore. The safty nazi's know how to ruin a good time. Wouldn't do it again. Like WESTCOAST said, if you can see it from the marina which is much closer, it would be a MUCH better time.

Darrell.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated....you just saved me about $500 in fuel !!!
I just spoke to the SD coast guard and they confirmed the saftey setback from the flight box perimeter will be 3/4 of a mile. So, we would be 3/4 of a mile from one end of the racecourse and the course is about a mile long. The guy I spoke to also said if your just coming to watch, you should be on land for the best views. I guess I'll just make another run out to Catalina instead. Thanks again for the info, Darrell.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LZH
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated....you just saved me about $500 in fuel !!!
I just spoke to the SD coast guard and they confirmed the saftey setback from the flight box perimeter will be 3/4 of a mile. So, we would be 3/4 of a mile from one end of the racecourse and the course is about a mile long. The guy I spoke to also said if your just coming to watch, you should be on land for the best views. I guess I'll just make another run out to Catalina instead. Thanks again for the info, Darrell.
Thats to bad...I was looking fwd to checking out your cig. I would rather be in catalina anyways. Sunday weather is going to be cloudy anyways.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
LZH
Registered

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Thats to bad...I was looking fwd to checking out your cig. I would rather be in catalina anyways. Sunday weather is going to be cloudy anyways.
Sorry man - just too much effort to drag it down to Oceanside, get a slip for sat night, spend $500 in fuel to run all the way down and back and not even get to see much of the races at all. I'll be out in Catalina pretty much every weekend this summer - I'm sure I'll run into you sooner or later. Take care and enjoy the weekend, my bet is it'll clear up and just be a bit cold on the water....

Luke