Notices

39 outerlimits ride?

Old 05-02-2008, 11:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro1
I heard it is the same as a 388 Slingshot. Go figure.
O you, just shut up! How dare you!

Nothing is like the scarry ride of any 388 Slingshot!

And did you get a ride on a 39? I did! And to make that comparison is very insulting!!!

Also, how have you been? It's been a loooooooooooooong time, no see. Give me a call.

Last edited by Lucididee; 05-02-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cig http://www.lipshipperformance.com/pr...eowned_fr.html
OL http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17792-en.html

the finish line is a decal..
both close to the same price.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
They are the same price: http://hideawaymarina.com/listman/ex...gs++&pagenum=2
Hideaway's site lists 299K, OSO ad hasnt been updated.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

This is the best bang for the buck: http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o15240-en.html

and it has been for sale since it was new (14 months and counting)
Old 05-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
One thing is certain, you won't have to worry about a 39, 2x700 Cig chine walking over 110! Other than that it's all good.
Cuz they don't run 110????

About 106-108, I think.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2 cents

Owned a 46 cig, now a 46 OL.

Both seem to handle rough water the same, which was good, prob because of the size. Otherwise different rides.

The Cig rides with the bow up, and was fun to get airborne, kind of the float feel which I thought was fun. I think because the bow rode higher up, it launched more.

The OL rides flatter, very flat, which gives much better visiibility, my wife can actually see over the windshield. It doesnt seem to get the air, and it may be because I don't try to launch it, but I think it is just a flatter ride.

THe OL also is wider, and doesnt requre as persistant trimming to keep level.
My cig only had a top end of 91 mph, so I cant talk about high speed performance. The OL has a top end of 125, and I've had it 120, and no problems. It runs fast smoothly and you feel very safe. (maybe foolishly).

Personally I think they both have nice rides. I think the big difference isn't the ride, but they are completely different boats. The OL has a nice cabin, bathroom, etc, ladies like that. It is wider, and sl more stable. ANd the hulls are lighter, so better mileage, and speed. One thing about the OL ride is the boat is so stiff, it doesnt flex, and nothing rattles, and it feels really solid. i could feel my 46 cig flex in big water. Years ago I had a 35 cig carbon cafe, and it was stiff, and the OL has that same stiffness, which I like.
THe cigs however are about being cool, like the original harley. They have the cool traditional cig look, nice dash and cockpit, that no one in the market comes close too. THe girls may like the cabin of an outerlimit, but the cigs are sexy too, and the girls probably think they are cool without realizing it.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dirty Bird
My 2 cents

Both seem to handle rough water the same, which was good, prob because of the size. Otherwise different rides.

The Cig rides with the bow up, and was fun to get airborne, kind of the float feel which I thought was fun. I think because the bow rode higher up, it launched more.

The OL rides flatter, very flat, which gives much better visiibility, my wife can actually see over the windshield. It doesnt seem to get the air, and it may be because I don't try to launch it, but I think it is just a flatter ride.

My cig only had a top end of 91 mph, so I cant talk about high speed performance. The OL has a top end of 125, and I've had it 120, and no problems. It runs fast smoothly and you feel very safe. (maybe foolishly).

Personally I think they both have nice rides. I think the big difference isn't the ride, but they are completely different boats. The OL has a nice cabin, bathroom, etc, ladies like that. It is wider, and sl more stable. ANd the hulls are lighter, so better mileage, and speed. One thing about the OL ride is the boat is so stiff, it doesnt flex, and nothing rattles, and it feels really solid. i could feel my 46 cig flex in big water. Years ago I had a 35 cig carbon cafe, and it was stiff, and the OL has that same stiffness, which I like.
THe cigs however are about being cool, like the original harley. They have the cool traditional cig look, nice dash and cockpit, that no one in the market comes close too. THe girls may like the cabin of an outerlimit, but the cigs are sexy too, and the girls probably think they are cool without realizing it.
which cig was your 46????? - where is it now
Old 05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Bird
My 2 cents

So true about the 46,s. Although, I don't think the 39 GTX is OL's best boat from what I have read and heard. And, I believe the 39 GTX has been discontinued. At this point, I would have to give the slight edge to Cigarette when it comes to the 39. Either way, they are both boats I would be proud to own.

Last edited by pm203; 05-03-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SC Performance just received a new OL 41 w/ 700's seriously for sale

What a nice package - i heard over 113 mph or more if i'm not mistaken
Old 05-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Which power do you prefer, the Ilmor 710's or Mercury racing 700's?

Quick Reply: 39 outerlimits ride?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.