Notices

Tampa area restaurants

Old 05-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been to Salt Rock many times. Love it. Great food and atmosphere.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Salt Rock and Island Way are owned by the same guy - great restaurants. They also have one called Marlin Darlin that is quite good, but is not on the water.

Personally, I like Salt Rock better than Island Way, but they are both excellent.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks guys we will try out the Salt grill.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dirtlawyer
Salt Rock and Island Way are owned by the same guy - great restaurants. They also have one called Marlin Darlin that is quite good, but is not on the water.

Personally, I like Salt Rock better than Island Way, but they are both excellent.

I thought Island Way was owned by Mike Alstott and Dave Moore? Marlin Darlin is right down the road from my girlfriend. I have wanted to try that for a while and haven't yet. I have seen a Thirsty Marlin getting ready to open also. Don't know if it will be any good just sounds cool and is within walking distance to her condo. I have a feeling I will be there quite a bit once they open.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by florida gator
I thought Island Way was owned by Mike Alstott and Dave Moore? Marlin Darlin is right down the road from my girlfriend. I have wanted to try that for a while and haven't yet. I have seen a Thirsty Marlin getting ready to open also. Don't know if it will be any good just sounds cool and is within walking distance to her condo. I have a feeling I will be there quite a bit once they open.

My bad - Marlin Darlin and Salt Rock are both concepts from Tom Prichard... somehome or other I lumped Island Way into that group too...

Marlin Darlin is was great - went there last Sat. night for the first time - cool decor and great food. Service was below average, but not bad enough to ruin the night.

If the "Thirsty Marlin" is the same as the one in Palm Harbor, it will be great.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If any of you pass Guppy's on Indian Rocks Beach and are hungry you should stop in there. Guppy's food is very good.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Default The Wharf

Down in St. Pete Beach, this place is no frilles, pretty good food, on the intercoastal. Definitely a local hangout.

http://www.wharfrestaurant.org/
Old 05-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RPOLS3
Down in St. Pete Beach, this place is no frilles, pretty good food, on the intercoastal. Definitely a local hangout.

http://www.wharfrestaurant.org/
Yes that is the Pass-A-Grille area. Also next door is Sea Critters and there food has really improved and was great the last few times last month I was there. The Brass Monkey on the beach is good too. Great view an there Firey Fingers are awesome.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gators is alwasy a good time...Johns pass if i remember correctly
Old 05-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered

Couldn't believe it...today we pulled up to the Warf and got a dock space for the big wide azz 38 Fountain CC!!!! Woo Whoooo!!!!!

Quick Reply: Tampa area restaurants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.