You have to see a Champ boat turn to believe it.........I speak from first hand racing experience in the cockpit.......the G's are indescribable.
From the Champ Boat website.........
"High Speed Turns and Pure Excitement
High speeds, sharp turns and constant action
• Due to the shape of their tunnel hulls, Champ Boats are able to turn almost instantaneously
• Incurring more "G" forces than any other racing machine on earth
• Enables them to race close to river banks and lake shores
• Provides excellent spectator viewing
Champ Class (F1)
• Nearly identical to the Formula 1 machines raced internationally on the UIM circuit
• Champ Boats are 17 feet long and weigh just 1,150 pounds with driver
• 380-horsepower engines enable them to reach speeds of 140 miles per hour "