Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   S I B To Bimini Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186212-s-i-b-bimini-run.html)

Maximus 05-12-2008 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2554387)
John, Since your team mates boat have about twice the horsepower and at least triple the money invested you guys should be the first ones there and back.

Just a quick note to get some details straight

Our MTI is a Bone STOCK CONSUMER MODEL 44 Footer with RUBRAIL. (39 ft running surface,5ft bustle)

It is Powered by twin 1750 HP T-53's (yes ,we have detuned them). Furthermore we will be running a BIOFUEL in the race which will reduce our power even more.

It has a weight issue which will make us considerbly heavier than you may think going into the race. We must carry twice the fuel load a piston powered boat does. and will have a third person in the boat (special guest star)

As for $ I would venture to say we have about the same as most of these High line Poker run boats in our machine.

We will Prepare diligently, run very hard and try our best .[

Like Larry said...you have to finish to win it.

Chris Sunkin 05-12-2008 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 2555261)
Furthermore we will be running a BIOFUEL in the race which will reduce our power even more.

Follow the smell of french fries.
;)

Ron P 05-12-2008 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2555320)
Follow the smell of french fries.
;)

Maybe you should have McDonalds as a sponsor.

Big Gary is going to have a fun ride in that back seat.:evilb:

Maximus 05-12-2008 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P (Post 2555332)
Maybe you should have McDonalds as a sponsor.

Big Gary is going to have a fun ride in that back seat.:evilb:

Nope.....much BIGGER than Gary.

Let's just say ....the event will be replayed for Millions of people.

salesmanship 05-12-2008 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 2555341)

A Cave Man?

jhiguy377 05-12-2008 12:18 PM

and will have a third person in the boat (special guest star)

Monica Lewinsky?

ON THE CHIP RACING 05-12-2008 01:04 PM

Oprah?

Top Banana 05-12-2008 03:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Let's just get this thing back into perspective.

Forty years ago, on the morning of June 9, 1968, one of my all time heroes, Odell Lewis, (Who is coming for the old racers get together) began racing the Bahamas 500 in his aluminum 32 foot Maritime.

He finished the race 11 hours later and won. Imagine how long the slow boats took.

There was no talk of your boat is this or that with these guys.....they just brought the best they had, or could get their hands on and got in them and raced....all day and sometimes all night too.

Just come and enjoy the experience. Even if we get a field of 50 boats, they will still be rare among racers of today with experience in this open ocean stuff.

BOBCATMATHEWS 05-12-2008 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 2555341)

Ben Kramer, and the millions will be associated with law enforcement ?????:hitfan:

Comanche3Six 05-12-2008 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS (Post 2555568)
Ben Kramer, and the millions will be associated with law enforcement ?????:hitfan:

LOL! I wanted to say that!