Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Can ya help me choose my next boat? >

Can ya help me choose my next boat?

Notices

Can ya help me choose my next boat?

Old 05-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

A 36 is a great boat for the greta lakes, a 41 is really great, but it's a big step. If you go with a 36 buy one with Speedmasters or you'll be eating lots of bravos, unless you have low HP. The one in georga has a lot of paint damage, but it's a cool boat, I have walked around her.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that the bugs are out of this boat.... I need a new challenge. Another 35 or 38 Fountain, for sure...
Carder
Old 05-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Nykamp
A 36 is a great boat for the greta lakes, a 41 is really great, but it's a big step. If you go with a 36 buy one with Speedmasters or you'll be eating lots of bravos, unless you have low HP. The one in georga has a lot of paint damage, but it's a cool boat, I have walked around her.
What did you think of the one in GA. I've had a few conversations with the broker and also talked to his painter. Other then the paint damage how the boat been taken care of? I have a bad gut feeling about that one, but it is a cool boat. Do you have any history on it?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

It been by lake lanier for a long time, the owner also has a 42 OL. I am sure your going to spend some good money on paint repair but it's a cool boat. Have it surveyed and a leak down done before wasting a flight, then you'll know what you have to work with. 36's are rare, and speedmaster one are even more rare. The all white one with 6's would be at the top of my list.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Nykamp
It been by lake lanier for a long time, the owner also has a 42 OL. I am sure your going to spend some good money on paint repair but it's a cool boat. Have it surveyed and a leak down done before wasting a flight, then you'll know what you have to work with. 36's are rare, and speedmaster one are even more rare. The all white one with 6's would be at the top of my list.
I'm looking at this as if i were driving though a gated community looking for a house and see one for sale and the siding is falling off. what else is wrong? Did you get a feel for what $$ he would take?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Speedmasters are very reliable but parts are only going to become harder to find. Parts were expensive back when they were commonly available so that's not going to get any better. I looked at 3A's for my Cig but opted for the Konrad. If you can find a nice TRS boat, the Konrad conversion makes alot of sense. Same power handling, available non-Mercruiser-priced parts.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Speedmasters are very reliable but parts are only going to become harder to find. Parts were expensive back when they were commonly available so that's not going to get any better. I looked at 3A's for my Cig but opted for the Konrad. If you can find a nice TRS boat, the Konrad conversion makes alot of sense. Same power handling, available non-Mercruiser-priced parts.
surely something else to think about when I'm looking. I have looked at a few with both 3's and TRS's. I have to belive that between a good machine shop able to make any parts needed and a company like Detriot Ball should have any bearing or race needed. Do you agree?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
What did you spend to make the change to Konrad?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

My buddy stores his 41 at the same shop that this 36 is keep at, that's why I walked around her and was checking her out. I love APACHES so I had to take a peek, I don't know the owner. I know it was down in the islands before coming to georgia years ago. I like the older 36's per 1995 when they had the rear seat closer to the front bolsters. In 1995 Bobby moved the back seat back 6", a tight cockpit is nice in big water.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered

How about something like this...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/32-su...spagenameZWDVW

or..........

http://www.sunsationboats.com/forums...4465#post24465

Quick Reply: Can ya help me choose my next boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.