Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186453-apache-28-brave-sell-finish.html)

WMF 07-29-2008 04:25 PM

Thanks Bob, give me a call

WMF 07-29-2008 05:48 PM

I wanted to ask everyone on OSO, do you think the price of 45,000 is too much to ask for my Apache???, I really dont know what to list or ask for it, but I thought 45,000 was a good starting point, I know I will never get back what I have into the boat, but the boat is all most new and in perfect cond. please give me your opions or make me a offer.

Holy Smokes 07-29-2008 05:56 PM

You've done a ton of work to the boat and (as you already know) won't get out of it the expense you've put into it. At $45K with the need to rebuild the engines at another around $6K+ is a tall order. I noticed another 28 Apache in the classifieds at $35K with blowers, but not near the upgrades as you've done.

Sorry for the loss and GOOD LUCK with the sale.

Chris Sunkin 07-29-2008 06:41 PM

A broken boat eliminates at least 70 or 80% of potential buyers.

jeff1000man 07-29-2008 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2638739)
A broken boat eliminates at least 70 or 80% of potential buyers.

Yep.

Your gonna have to find a die hard apache guy to even get an offer.

You need to fix it first, if you want to get some money for it.

I wish I could afford it right now, I would gladly add it to the collection.

bouyhunter 07-29-2008 07:09 PM

Man, the boat looks great!!
You seem to have issues with making a commitment though.
You've been back and forth so many times just on this thread...

Fix the f-en boat and enjoy it.
Or sell it.
Just make a decision.
This thread has become less about the boat, and more about you making a decision, for me at least.:grinser010:

WMF 07-29-2008 07:48 PM

I guess I have gone back and forth alot this boat as to selling or keeping it!!, I have never done a restoration on a boat, it is amazing the amount of work and time that goes into it!!!, I have always owned turn key newer boats Scarabs, Donzi's and Sonic's, I just feel like I put alot of work into her and now it needs more:mad:, I own my own business and have little time as it is for boating or familey. I guess my back is to the wall and just want out. If I have to keep I will fix it and make it right, I will have to see if I get any offers!! You do make a great point there Chris!!!!

pachanga 07-29-2008 07:52 PM

The auction starts!

Man that is a sweet looking boat! I'll start the bidding in classic ebay form! I bid $1! :D

PS! Don't bid unless ya gonna buy!

Originally Posted by Apache Brave (Post 2638839)
I guess I have gone back and forth alot this boat as to selling or keeping it!!, I have never done a restoration on a boat, it is amazing the amount of work and time that goes into it!!!, I have always owned turn key newer boats Scarabs, Donzi's and Sonic's, I just feel like I put alot of work into her and now it needs more:mad:, I own my own business and have little time as it is for boating or familey. I guess my back is to the wall and just want out. If I have to keep I will fix it and make it right, I will have to see if I get any offers!! You do make a great point there Chris!!!!

Shawn D 07-29-2008 08:15 PM

I could find $10 Grand, but then I'm "ALL IN"

I'd have to paddle it around for a while.

I know it can be discouraging, but hang in there Man.
It is a sweet ass Boat. Just carry the ball across the line.
Many of the worlds most successful people did not get there the first Time.

WMF 07-29-2008 08:31 PM

Sorry no Ebay auction or low price, I dont need the money, or have to get rid of the boat!!! I just am not up for dumping more money into it, who know's with the way I go back and forth it might just finish the boat!!!!!!:drink: and dump lots of money into it!!!!!:rolleyes: I am going to talk to Jeff from JC Performance in the morning who knows!!