Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186453-apache-28-brave-sell-finish.html)

Steve_H 08-19-2008 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer35 (Post 2657739)
wow..... i apprecaite the response! To be honest i just think those forums are too bad, i read so much into them that i almost didnt even go look at the mystique, and i mean cancled hotels almost.. I am SO glad i did go, but it makes me wonder where all these guys get there info, maybe its a different drive/motor package or something, or one bad hull from the mold, who knows,

p.s. steve h your black redone bullet was way up on my list, infact you may remember i even wrote you

i think Oldschool said it first. OSO, where everyone can be an expert :eek:

Nightlife1970 08-19-2008 08:09 PM

I would so keep that boat. You are so close to being done. You will never get anything close to the money you want or should get out of it. It's just another old boat with broken motors at this point.

Besides there is not alot of 28 Apache's out there. There's probably none that would be as nice as that one, once you put some motors in it. I just don't understand how you could put that much time, effort, and money into it then just give up.

I am slowly rebuilding my boat. Although I have no where near the money into it you do, I could never just give up on it half way thru. The only thing is mine still runs so I do get to use it.

Like other have said. I think you need to step away from it for a while. Finish it this winter, and you have a great boat for next year.

:food-smiley-007:

pachanga 08-19-2008 09:33 PM

:D Put that sucker on ebay with no reserve. It will either bring what you want or head to Ga! Just gotta find a place ta park it!

bouyhunter 08-19-2008 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2657342)
You don't do it for the money you do it for the love. If the love ain't there, kick it to the curb.

Jon

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970 (Post 2657861)
I would so keep that boat. You are so close to being done. You will never get anything close to the money you want or should get out of it. It's just another old boat with broken motors at this point.

Besides there is not alot of 28 Apache's out there. There's probably none that would be as nice as that one, once you put some motors in it. I just don't understand how you could put that much time, effort, and money into it then just give up.

I am slowly rebuilding my boat. Although I have no where near the money into it you do, I could never just give up on it half way thru. The only thing is mine still runs so I do get to use it.

Like other have said. I think you need to step away from it for a while. Finish it this winter, and you have a great boat for next year.

:food-smiley-007:

And there you have it.

Nightlife, I had a 250 Force, it was my first boat.
Loved that boat.
It certainly wasn't the pedigree of an Apache Brave.
It's about the love for the boat.
Maybe he just has a bigger budget for a boat than I (I'm assuming WE) do.
Must be nice:grinser010: - but I'm satisfied with my little 24'. And I don't think I'll ever sell her. Cheap enough to keep her, and just add another to the stable when I need to go larger and have the cash:drink:

WMF 08-19-2008 10:01 PM

My Apache started out as a great project and boat for me to rebuild, the wife thought I would need something to work on( that was not expensive) over the winter months, but when the boat got home, I decided to make it perfect!!, I went for the hull and interior work first!!, my mistake, when I bought the boat it ran( had motor survey done complete), so I figured everything would be ok with the motors, first mistake. The repairs and resto work to the hull and body, gauges, wiring, and motors added up faster then I thought it would, I used all my own money, no loans!! After it was all done and we go it in the water and I got 2 runs out of the boat, and the motors went it really discuraged me, and made me hate the boat in some ways!! I have enuff into this boat to have a very good running newer boat( or a hell of a down payment), that does not need 2 new motors to be used!!, summer is over, and I spent it working on my boat, not running it. I do not get but 1 day off a week, so my time is limited to how much boating I can do anyway. I should have bought a complete turn key running boat, I love the Apache boat, and I really enjoyed the ride( as short as it was) If I had it to over again I never would have restored the hull and body, I would have done the motors and wiring!!! I will be listing the boat on Ebay tonight, I think someone will get a great classic boat! I guess I got use to newer turn key boats, the last couple of boats I had owned were all newer. I think who ever gets the boat will be very happy, it looks better in person then in pics!!

offshoredrillin 08-20-2008 06:50 AM

Bill, do what is right for you and your wife... shoulda, coulda, woulda...opinions are like ass holes everybody has one. Reality is everyone is great at bench spending other peoples cash...you're a smart guy no need to justify it to anyone...

WMF 08-20-2008 06:53 AM

Thanks Rob, I will get up you this week, I need to talk to you! Here is the listing on Ebay, lets see what happens

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:L:LCA:MT:11

offshoredrillin 08-20-2008 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Apache Brave (Post 2658081)
Thanks Rob, I will get up you this week, I need to talk to you! Here is the listing on Ebay, lets see what happens

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:L:LCA:MT:11

sure thing, I've been swamped, shaking the tree for long blocks, havent found any if why i havent called....shorty called me last night, I'll ring him back today.

Stormrider 08-20-2008 08:14 AM

Bill, good luck on the ebay auction.
I hope you get it gone, and into something different and out on to the water.
This thread needs to come to a close...

cosmic12 08-20-2008 08:28 AM

Good Luck man, I really do hope it all works out for you.