Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Apache 28 Brave?  Sell it or Finish it!!! >

Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!!

Notices

Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Takes another bid to see where I might go!

Originally Posted by Apache Brave
Still not enuff money
Old 07-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Apache Brave
Sorry no Ebay auction or low price, I dont need the money, or have to get rid of the boat!!! I just am not up for dumping more money into it, who know's with the way I go back and forth it might just finish the boat!!!!!! and dump lots of money into it!!!!! I am going to talk to Jeff from JC Performance in the morning who knows!!

cough cough cough ... $45K with rebuilds 'needed' ... not in this market. You'd be lucky to get $30K offer IMHO, Bill finish it and stop counting the money. And then just wait!! You'll soon also get the special opportunity to start burning $4-$5 / gal gasoline in her! and don't count that money either ... cuz you literally will be burning it.

Chris

Last edited by NJgr8ful; 07-29-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

I think you are right Chris, I think I need to finish her!!!!!!, I hate all this back and forth, we will see what happens by the weekend????, Thanks everyone for all the support, I need it!!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
You'll soon also get the special opportunity to start burning $4-$5 / gal gasoline in her! and don't count that money either ... cuz you literally will be burning it.

Chris
Yeah, I call it burning dinosaurs. Last week was a Tyrannosaurus rex. a big one.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Registered

I have been watching this from the E-bay acution and all your posts. If you look back through the threads myself and other people asked why you weren't doing motors first. Look'n good don't get you anywhere. You have done a fantastic job and it has come out great and done fast, most resto's take years not months and money and time should have little to do with it. It must be a labor of love or don't even try. You need to make up your mind to eather finish it or loose yer azz selling eather way the money is lost just get used to it. It is sad but in this market you won't be getting what you want for it so if I were you I would find a nice dry clean storeage spot and walk away from it for a while and then come back to it with a new and positive look on the whole thing. But thats just my BS 2cts. Good luck it is a nice boat and deservers to be finished the way it was started.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Registered

This just makes me sick to read- that sucks!! Everyone is right though- in this market 45K for a boat that needs work isn't going to happen, so you need to rebuild it. Just pull the engines and do it- you will feel better in the end. It's hard to do, but once you get into it its not so bad. Just look at my boat and you will feel much better
Old 07-30-2008, 07:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to be the bearer of bad tidings but just about everything I've read is on the money. You're going to have to literally give it away trying to sell it broken in the late summer at the beginning of a possible recession with marina fuel over 4 bucks. If you fix it, you'll want to keep it so don't f- around on the motors- do them right.

If it makes you feel any better, a new one would set you back close to $200 grand.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I have seen this boat in person last week and it is a really nice clean boat if someone wants to buy it. I would highly recommend it.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

From what I've read in the past....used ones that are "running" are selling in the $40's and 50K's....

You'd probably get somewhere in the $20K's sold without running power... Who ever is going to by it with blown engines are going to look for a steal... I bought my boat for $20K off agreed price with "one" hurt engine (timing chain)...and that was BEFORE I negotiated down $25K from original asking price assuming both engines were running and passed a sea trial. If both were hurt I would have pushed even harder...

Last edited by Panther; 07-30-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

I have one motor that is blown, crank seals, bearing, the other motor broke the timing chain, motor is still good, at this piont I feel like I am stuck fixing the boat

Quick Reply: Apache 28 Brave? Sell it or Finish it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.