Buying a boat in this Market?

Notices

Buying a boat in this Market?

Old 05-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 767 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by getchasum111
That means missing a summer of boating....I couldn't do it....
I agree. And if you are financing in any way it also doesn't make sense, because then you spend the first few months paying for a boat you aren't using. I bought in May/June - if it cost me a few extra thousand dollars it was worth it because I used the boat immediately instead of getting it slightly cheaper in the fall and then paying interest for 8 months.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by getchasum111
That means missing a summer of boating....I couldn't do it....
I agree it would be tough but you sounded like you were looking for the best deal, that will be in the fall.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well buying a boat in this market, well if your looking new their as cheap as their going to get. If the MFG cannot make a profit they just won't build it. As for used, most people who have a 30 plus boat with 525's are not hurting for money, but you may find someone who wants to trade up and will let it go to get in their new boat, eith way best of luck. I would say don't wait until fall, you might as well wait until next year if you do!!!!!!!

Best of luck

WILL
Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boating37
Just would like to know some others feed back on buying a boat in this bad market.Starting to look at getting another boat 32 to 36 ft , with twin 525hp, I have 3 boats that I like,
but don't know if I should wait see if prices come down a little.
Becaause with gas prices and the econmy so bad whos going out buying boats like this right now.
I think it's a great time to buy. Lots of deals out there.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Registered

great time to buy now. Like its been said, somone with a 36ft 525 boat is probably not hurting for money and will not give it away. If they cant afford it and need to give it away, the boat is probably not properly maintained.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

I just got a 40' Formula and the great part is i can go use it now.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:44 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
great time to buy now. Like its been said, somone with a 36ft 525 boat is probably not hurting for money and will not give it away. If they cant afford it and need to give it away, the boat is probably not properly maintained.
excellent point!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pismo10
Wait until fall if you can, better deals then. Economy will take years to fly again, esp the boating market with gas at $$$$ per gallon. You have time.
I'm confused, do people actually think the price of gas is going to go down.....ever? You can pretty much forget that idea. With that being said, if you are basing your decision to purchase a performance boat contingent upon gas prices this may be the wrong hobby to get involved in.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
Clay is right . All it takes is a nice weekend or two to get a lot of people who are on the fence out looking for boats.

Even if they don't end up buying, their activity and the potential offers they represent raise the level of "perceived" interest. Also, people who were planning on selling often change their mind and just decide to keep their boat through another season. That's why I was determined to buy in the dead of winter when fewer people (not OSO'ers of course) are thinking about boating, and sellers/marinas/brokers are getting fewer calls.
Exactly my point. All of the good boats will be gone by Memorial Day. The only ones left will be the ones that no one wants.

Go get it now! I have already been out more than a dozen times this year. Let's go boating!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

No not basing the purchase of a boat on gas price's, but the price of gas will that drop the value of performance boats and the econmy does not help values.

Quick Reply: Buying a boat in this Market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.