Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO member expat - BVI poker run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186580-oso-member-expat-bvi-poker-run.html)

Audiofn 05-14-2008 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2557611)
Cool...I'm not very good at relaxing, so I'm attempting for force relaxation upon myself...with a LOT of rum.

Then pull that boat up to the Bamba Shack :D:D Your wife may not like it but if there is a full moon out the place is a lot of fun!!!!

Expat 05-14-2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by fbrs (Post 2557356)
fantastic. i'm really looking forward to it. we have freinds in leverick so we were going to come down and watch and have a painkiller or two afterwards. i'll keep an eye out for your boat and come say hello. whats your name?

cheers

francis

my name is david and i am at saba rock. be sure to look me up at the run.

db

Expat 05-14-2008 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2557426)
Dayum! We're planning on chartering a sailboat (gasp!) for our 10 year anniversary...thought it'd be ultra-cool to slip some FUN boating in as well!

mike, stop in at saba rock while you are blowing around. if i have the tiger in the water we can shake thngs up a bit.

david

Expat 05-14-2008 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
check out this shot of the North Sound, Virgin Gorda. year round boating. saba rock is ithe little red dot in the center.

fbrs 05-15-2008 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Expat (Post 2558562)
my name is david and i am at saba rock. be sure to look me up at the run.

db

sure will. i'll be the idiot with the big grin on his face :D

sommerfliesby 05-15-2008 06:03 AM

That looks GORGEOUS...can't wait to go. I should be booking my trip tonight or tomorrow. Wish I could've made it for the Poker Run! David, I just might do that! I'll be the drunk guy wearing a Fountain shirt on a sailboat!!

Expat 05-15-2008 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
sounds good. i'll be the drunk guy in the cigarette t-shirt.

let me know if you need advice on your trip. been down here over twenty years. so, i know all the best places to get drunk.

another pic of north sound. island in background is branson's necker. rich and famous playground.

fbrs 05-15-2008 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Expat (Post 2558927)
another pic of north sound. island in background is branson's necker. rich and famous playground.

i was at a party on moskito a few weeks back... but sadly neither rich or famous. my invite to necker must have got lost in the post ;-)

Expat 05-15-2008 12:24 PM

For anyone who might be interested in the BVI Leverick Bay Poker Run it's on Sunday May 25, 2008. Startng and finishing at Leverick Bay, North Sound, Virgin Gorda. Starts around 10am with five stops around the BVI and back to finish at L/B. I think this is thier 5th or 6th year. Nice boats and people. Fun stuff. Contact ph for info: 284.495.7421.

Expat 05-15-2008 12:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
couple of pics of back and front of island.