Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The makings of one hell of a party........ >

The makings of one hell of a party........

Notices

The makings of one hell of a party........

Old 05-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The makings of one hell of a party........

Reunion attendees.
Guest list so far: Odell Lewis, Mel Riggs, John Bakos, Dave Craig, Carl and Jeanne Moesley, Dale Thayer, Gene Wagner, Chet Strickland, John Stenback, Phil Schenk, Richie Powers, Gene Lanham, Bob Magoon, Bill Wishnick, Sam Sarra, Sammy James, Harry Schoell, George Peroni, Dick Clark, Larry Smith, Pete Rothschild, Marty Boosinger, Mike Ramsey, Doug Silvera, Lance Taines, Pepe Nunez, Umberto Picon, Willie Meyers, John Henry Falk, John Connor, The Tuppens, Bobby Moore, Pop Meekins, Dick Schwartz, Rich Luhrs, George Linder, Tom Fileman, Phil Lewis, John Crouse, Charlie McCarthy, Butch Stokes, Steve Sirois, Bob Saccenti, Barry Cohen, Jack Stuteville, and Brownie. Keep looking, guys, you are doing great!

Last edited by BROWNIE; 05-14-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! When and where? Are bystanders allowed?
Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

That's the whole point, Chuck, to allow you to rub elbows with the guys who used to "go bear hunting with a switch". Don't miss it. This will be the last time we are all together. I can't wait. The last time I saw most of these guys, I was looking down the start line for the Miami-Nassau race, 40 years ago.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Wow! When and where? ?
WOW! When and where?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is "WOW".What a lineup.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered

Friday, June 20th. 11 AM, board boats to watch the Miami-Bimini-Miami race. Boarding at Haulover Park Marina, and Jimbo's Raw Bar, on A1A in Dania Beach, Fl. During the idle period of the race, we are going to bury David Gillmore at sea (no tears). Then we come back into Haulover Park Marina and hang out with Bimini racers until 4 O'clock or so, when we go up to Jimbo's Raw Bar on AIA in Dania Beach. We have Captain Harry's band from the old Rumrunners playing from 5 to 10PM. There is a thousand feet of docks, and huge parking available. We will do a little talking and a lot of eating and drinking. Everyone is invited. There is no charge for anything. Buy your own drinks and food. We have arranged for Motorhome parking at Haulover park. My cell phone is 305-332-7611. Larry Goldman just called and said that they have a sponsored party on Saturday night at the Trump Tower in Sunny Isles. More later.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Brownie....Barry Cohen is coming too.

And what about Jack Stuteville?
Old 05-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sound's like a blast !!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Reunion attendees.
Guest list so far: Odell Lewis, Mel Riggs, John Bakos, Dave Craig, Carl and Jeanne Moesley, Dale Thayer, Gene Wagner, Chet Strickland, John Stenback, Phil Schenk, Richie Powers, Gene Lanham, Bob Magoon, Bill Wishnick, Sam Sarra, Sammy James, Harry Schoell, George Peroni, Dick Clark, Larry Smith, Pete Rothschild, Marty Boosinger, Mike Ramsey, Doug Silvera, Lance Taines, Pepe Nunez, Umberto Picon, Willie Meyers, John Henry Falk, John Connor, The Tuppens, Bobby Moore, Pop Meekins, Dick Schwartz, Rich Luhrs, George Linder, Tom Fileman, Phil Lewis, John Crouse, Charlie McCarthy, Butch Stokes, Steve Sirois, Bob Saccenti and Brownie. Keep looking, guys, you are doing great!
Boys and girls, please notice who Brownie listed as numero uno on his list. I'm sure he did it without even having to think about it. Odell Lewis.

For those who don't know, let me give you some interesting history about a guy many of you will be happy to meet on that Friday night.

First of all, he was a racer who loved winnng. Example. He started 15 powerboat races ......he won 12 of them. He also had 1 second, 1 third and 1 fourth place finish. Not a bad record.

Former alligator wrestler who started working for Carl Kiekhaefer in 1953. He drove his raceboats...barefoot !!!

Of those 15 races, he won the Bahamas 500 twice. Oh yeah, another little race he won was the jaunt from Long Beach to San Francisco. Also Miami to Nassau, Miami to Key West, etc. etc.

An could he be considered a real "American kind of racer"....well, he was born on the 4th of July.

Photos below. Odell with the first ever turbine offshore race boat. Odell and another legend....Mel Riggs (he was second on Brownies list) with the actor "Chester" from Gunsmoke.
Attached Thumbnails The makings of one hell of a party........-odell-lewis0001-small-.jpg   The makings of one hell of a party........-odell-lewis0002-small-.jpg   The makings of one hell of a party........-odell-lewis0003-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 05-14-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Soooo Brownie, If I bring my copy of Searace and a crayon will you guys sign it for me..I'm running in the race...

Quick Reply: The makings of one hell of a party........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.