Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Test props turning out and shutting down throttles. >

Test props turning out and shutting down throttles.

Notices

Test props turning out and shutting down throttles.

Old 02-28-2002, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

I am running four blades on my cat because the Mirage props blowout getting on plane and in turns. But the three blades are faster, more diameter on the three blade is what I would really like to try. But the only Mirage prop with more diameter is the 29 Mirage Plus with 15" vs. 14.5".

I spin 28 Bravos to get 82 @ 4800. Before I raised the drives 2" Mirage props worked fine and I was spinning 27 Mirage Plus to get 80 @ 4800. I don't have enough power to spin the 29, but with Whipples you definitely should.
Old 02-28-2002, 09:52 PM
Blackhawkdn

Default props in-out

In responce to your testing , props turning in, turning out

When you have the props turn in the tail of the boat lifts therefore giving greater speed but poor handling because the stern is lifted and the bow lowered, the opposite is true when the props are turned out. The tail of the boat is set allowing the bow to lift. This why the boat turns better.

Old 03-01-2002, 10:49 AM
Uncle Toys

rbtnt - Thanks for the story, glad to hear that an engine quitting at 90 mph doesn't cause a catastrophe. Never thought of trying to continue at speed once I shut one down. Will try that. What kind of boat did that happen on?

Anyone know if any prop shops will be at the LA Boat Show? Wish I could find a good performance shop I could work with on this. It would be nice if you could make an agreement to buy from a shop and they would let you try different props until you get the right one and then they would blueprint them for you. Any advice?

Old 03-01-2002, 06:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uncle Toys

It was a 28' Daytona High profile