Notices

Is this the same boat?

Old 05-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by customtouch
I too could be wrong but, the two sides appear to be painted by different painters. Notice how much closer the stars are spaced on the starboard side than the port and they are not the same type stars. Also notice how the flag on the starboard side is much more realistic looking and has more detail than the port side. The port side "appears to be" an attempt at duplication. My guess would be yes.
I totally agree... the port side stars are just randomly placed throughout the blue where the other side is completly differant.. At the very least painted by 2 differant painters

Not sure if the seller is a member here or not ? (however most classifed ads on here are placed by members considering you can at least get a basic regestrtion for free)
So if the seller is reading any of this Please don't think I am trying to tear you or your boat apart b/c I am Not & I feel that we all deserve the benefit of the doubt. & who knows if it is the same boat maybe you bought it after it was fixed without any knowledge of its history so I am Not trying to accuse you of anything or totally screw up your sale... But if you are reading this & you can show that it is not the same boat that would not be a bad idea to do & I will be the first to appologize !!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's gotta be the same boat. The previously wrecked side was painted to appear to match the other "good" side. It's mostly blue, while the good side is mostly stripes. The patched up side looks like a big squid, with the stripes for tentacles. I don't know what they were thinking with the green.

That boat had some major structural damage. If the structural work was done to the same level as the attempt at matching the paint, there's a big problem, especially for the unsuspecting buyer. Hope they get a good survey.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-- "That boat had some major structural damage. If the structural work was done to the same level as the attempt at matching the paint, there's a big problem, especially for the unsuspecting buyer. Hope they get a good survey." --

More often than not those two go hand & hand...