Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) >

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Notices

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Old 06-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great News!! it's offical now Can't believe I was glued to the computer since about 1:00 this afternoon, good thing my boss does not know about OSO. Did anyone else feel drained at the end, I felt like I actually ran the race Congratulations once again to all involved, and a big thanks to the sponsors who helped make this happen
Old 06-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Super cool. Can't wait to get the full report from Bob. Great job man. Truly an accomplishment.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by McGary911
Can't wait to get the full report from Bob.
Thats what I'm sayin. This will be one heck of a story.

Congrats

Most exciting day on OSO in a while...? <-- I second that.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow, a day I will not soon forget. Lots of stories to tell but it,s late and I am physically and emotionally drained.
I have to say that I am blown away by the interest everyone has shown in this project. Just glad it worked out as there were times today that we felt we may not get it done. Briefly conditions worsened as the day went on. We have doubts about being able to head back tomorrow ( Thursday) as forecast right now in not good at this end. We will see what the morning brings. So sorry to all the employers for the loss of productivity today !! LOL
While the stories can wait for a day or so, what cannot wait is my gratitude to a great crew. Terry, Kevin, Hans & Jay - THANK YOU. I could not have done this without you. We all went out for a victory dinner this evening. A really great time with great people. Also thanks to the sponsors who helped make it happen. I want to also thank all of my friends here on OSO and hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.
Appologies for not going in front of the web cam here in Cancun. It was 2.2 miles down the beach on the Carribean side taking us further away from fuel dock and customs. We could not chance it and also knew picture quality was poor.
I must wrap this up for now but will post in the morning what our plans are for return. Friday may be the better day for that.
All the best and thank you all of OSO ! Your the best.
Bob
Old 06-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Registered

Sweet!!!!!!! Congrats!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Registered

Thanks Bob, you have provided another great Milestone in Offshore boating and OSO history. Your efforts are what make this sport "Hobby" so amazing.

Hats off to you and the crew.

Eric
Old 06-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Registered

Hey Buddy, SERIOUS CONGRATZ 2 U!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Registered

Awesome bob... can't wait for the stories...
Old 06-12-2008, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Good morning !!
Actually not so good weather wise here. it is going to get worse with winds straight out of the east 15 to 20 knots. Thunderstorms all around.
We have made a decision to fly home and come back in a few days to get the boat. Sunday actually looks great with winds forecast out of the south ( best ) under 10 knots ( perfect ) but we know how forecasts can change.
Everyone can get back to work today !! LOL
Will maybe be in a position to post more this evening, I hope.
Bob
Old 06-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Good morning !!
Actually not so good weather wise here. it is going to get worse with winds straight out of the east 15 to 20 knots. Thunderstorms all around.
We have made a decision to fly home and come back in a few days to get the boat. Sunday actually looks great with winds forecast out of the south ( best ) under 10 knots ( perfect ) but we know how forecasts can change.
Everyone can get back to work today !! LOL
Will maybe be in a position to post more this evening, I hope.
Bob
B Safe Brotha!!!

Quick Reply: OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.