Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186835-oso-bobthebuilder-go-key-west-cancun-key-west-record-jennifur.html)

Bobthebuilder 06-30-2008 06:35 PM

Updated Donors List

Additional donations have come in for our fund raiser for Jennifur and I would like to acknowledge and thank the following donors to " The Jennfur Molter Trust":

OSO Jassman
OSO Wobble
OSO mikebrls
OSO kenvik01
OSO Offshoredrillin
OSO THUNDERSTRUCK
OSO txriverrat2001
OSO Chasin the Deal
OSO bobthebuilder
OSO rockstrmkr
OSO cloke
OSO DoubleR Performance, Raymond and Eddie

also:
Mark Adams - Marine Management, Ft Lauderdale
Paul Huck, Kitchener, ON
Loose Cannon - Joe Spina
Sally & Michael Plum ( friends of Joe S. )

If your name is not on the list and you feel your donation should be in our hands by now please PM me. We do not want to inadvertantly overlook anyone. I do know there are several more donations on their way and will be acknowledged once received.

Again, thank you!!

Bob

Bobthebuilder 06-30-2008 06:38 PM

Nuther story - Kevin's long way home !

When we saw it would be a few days or more before the weather would allow our return trip to Key West, a decision was made to fly back to the US. Four of us flew to Florida and Kevin purchased air tickets to get him back to LA. He bought Cancun – Mexico City – LA, non refundable. Kevin brought a birth certificate only, which was fine if he was travelling by boat, which of coarse was the plan. They allowed him to board the Cancun to Mexico City portion of the flight but with no passport, he could not board his flight to LA. He then asks “ Well just how do I get back to the US then? “ The answer was – purchase a new ticket to Tijuana and walk across the border. So Kevin does that, walks out the Tijuana airport, jumps in a taxi only to be told that the taxi’s are not allowed within one mile of the border checkpoint. Kevin walks that mile, suitcase and laptop computer in hand, at 1:30 in the morning. :eek: Don’t know about you, but that sounds scarier to me than crossing the Yucatan Straits ! He had a ride there waiting for him and arrived home safely at 3:30 AM.
Way to go Kevin !!

Bobthebuilder 06-30-2008 06:46 PM

Several people have e mailed a PM'd me wondering how the shoulder is. In short, not good at all. I went to Cleveland last week for the MRI and saw an orthopedic surgeon. The rotator cuff is majorly torn and the upper part of the bicept muscle that goes over the shoulder has been pulled down in front. :eek:
I am scheduled for surgery this Wed. the 2nd to have everthing put back where it belongs. This is really gonna cramp my boating style for awhile, but did not stop me from getting out on the water this weekend. :)
Bob

jayboat 06-30-2008 08:11 PM

:eek:

Wow, Bob- hope you are all back in one piece and in working order real soon. I gotta hand it to you- you don't do ANYTHING half way!

Get better quick!

rchevelle71 06-30-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2608203)
When we saw it would be a few days or more before the weather would allow our return trip to Key West, a decision was made to fly back to the US. Four of us flew to Florida and Kevin purchased air tickets to get him back to LA. He bought Cancun – Mexico City – LA, non refundable. Kevin brought a birth certificate only, which was fine if he was travelling by boat, which of coarse was the plan. They allowed him to board the Cancun to Mexico City portion of the flight but with no passport, he could not board his flight to LA. He then asks “ Well just how do I get back to the US then? “ The answer was – purchase a new ticket to Tijuana and walk across the border. So Kevin does that, walks out the Tijuana airport, jumps in a taxi only to be told that the taxi’s are not allowed within one mile of the border checkpoint. Kevin walks that mile, suitcase and laptop computer in hand, at 1:30 in the morning. :eek: Don’t know about you, but that sounds scarier to me than crossing the Yucatan Straits ! He had a ride there waiting for him and arrived home safely at 3:30 AM.
Way to go Kevin !!

Thats Crazy:eek:

But then so is Kevin:drink:

bowtye8 07-12-2008 06:59 PM

Bob -Hope you are doing better! Prayers are with you.

Wow wild story for Kevin. I dont know to amny folks that would do that.

Did Terry post any vids?

Dennis

Bobthebuilder 07-12-2008 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bowtye8 (Post 2621164)
Bob -Hope you are doing better! Prayers are with you.

Wow wild story for Kevin. I dont know to amny folks that would do that.

Did Terry post any vids?

Dennis

Hey, thanks Dennis. I am doing well enuff that I will be on Lake Ontario out of Toronto tomorrow afternoon and Lake Erie next weekend. My arm is still in a sling for 2 weeks yet, then start physio. I have lots of help and will get by for now.:)

Team PREDATOR is on I-75 on its way north as we speak. Raymond from DoubleR Perf called me this afternoon and before he could tell me where she was I said - I know, she's in Knoxsville, TN. He had forgotten that I can find the boat anytime with a tracker I have on board. I will attach a pic of when it was at Nor Tech's Cape Coral fascility. Too cool. You can see old PREDATOR in the yard facing north to south at the top.:)

Terry has not posted any video that I know of but will check with him on Monday about that. Wouldn't mind seeing some video myself. Keep well.:)

Bob

cancun 12-06-2009 01:33 AM

Fantastic, Bob! I can not wait to be a part of it. Anyway, thanks very much for your sharing!

Catmando 12-06-2009 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by cancun (Post 3001468)
Fantastic, Bob! I can not wait to be a part of it. Anyway, thanks very much for your sharing!

Aren't you a little late? That was a year and a half ago. :lolhit:

Bobthebuilder 12-06-2009 04:06 PM

He, he. Yep, a bit late for sure. it's all history by now. I'm actually surprised that no one has taken a run at this since we did it. With a bit of luck, and the right equipment this record can easily be broken. With good weather the full distance there is an hour or more that can be shaved off our time.

Bob