Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186835-oso-bobthebuilder-go-key-west-cancun-key-west-record-jennifur.html)

Bobthebuilder 05-17-2008 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 2560852)
Good luck Bob, and after you break that record, why not come over to the other coast and set a new diesel record for the HORBA Don Aronow Memorial Race on June 20th.

The course is from Sunny Isles Beach (Haulover) over to Bimini and back. 100 miles.

Miss Geico is going for the turbine record and several gas powered boats are going for the gasoline record.

The course has been designed for record setting. We have a group of experienced officials that will be overseeing that end of the program

Here too, we are benefitting the charity called Take Stock in Children, a south Florida charity.

Entry form and rule book can be downloaded on the HORBA website. www.historicraceboats.com

Charlie,
I have been following your event with great interest. Both Larry and Richie have contacted me and would like to see us there as well. I am considering it. It has been a lot of work putting this together as you know. Once we get this done, I will let you know. In any case, all the best to you and your event. I will continue to follow developments here on OSO.:D
Bob

7xchamp 05-17-2008 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2560929)
Charlie,
I have been following your event with great interest. Both Larry and Richie have contacted me and would like to see us there as well. I am considering it. It has been a lot of work putting this together as you know. Once we get this done, I will let you know. In any case, all the best to you and your event. I will continue to follow developments here on OSO.:D
Bob

Bob: Good luck and fair weather to you. I remember when I did the Miami to NY race, almost six months of prep. You will have a true appreciation for what the veterans used to do, and what offshore is really about. Go get em !!!!!!!!! just remember if Reggie can do it so can you. God Speed.

jmeng 05-17-2008 08:46 AM

Good luck Bob. Sounds like a great time and for a great cause.

Bobthebuilder 05-17-2008 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by 7xchamp (Post 2560945)
Bob: Good luck and fair weather to you. I remember when I did the Miami to NY race, almost six months of prep. You will have a true appreciation for what the veterans used to do, and what offshore is really about. Go get em !!!!!!!!! just remember if Reggie can do it so can you. God Speed.

Thanks Richie. I remember not only your contribution to the original fund raiser we had for Jennifur, but also the letter you enclosed. It was very touching . It is in in my archives of special "stuff".
Bob

Bobthebuilder 05-17-2008 08:59 AM

Here is a really cool weather site that I will share with you all. The tool bar at the top left allows you to scroll forward in 6 hr increments. 180 hrs is 7 days+. Just one of a few sites we will be referencing including NOAA.

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=gom_wave
Bob

Bobthebuilder 05-17-2008 09:06 AM

Thank you everyone for all the kind words of support. Now I am going to go missing for a half day. I am up in Canada until Tuesday. it is a holiday weekend here ( something about the Queen's birthday LOL ). The next 3 hrs will be spent on the highway driving north of Toronto to where I have a summer home near Georgian Bay. I have no internet there ( intentionally ) but my daughter is bringing her laptop so I can keep in touch. I will be back.:D
Bob

BOBCATMATHEWS 05-17-2008 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2560793)
Great. We may need some local help. Weather provided, I expect to move Team Predator into the Galleon on Friday afternoon. Watch the thread as we get closer and I will keep everyone informed of our progress. My cell is 239 776 0481.:D

Bob

cool , I'll give you a call during the week.

AB From Windsor 05-17-2008 01:28 PM

Best of Luck in your record breaking attempt.

wantingmore 05-18-2008 08:57 AM

Good luck Bob. It would make a nicer ride if this wind would stop coming out of the SW.
Tom

PS Dawn and I will send our donation. What a great cause.

THUNDER-STRUCK 05-18-2008 09:00 AM

Best wishes to Bob and everyone else, this run is realy exciting. Please put me down for a donation of a $100.00 see you when you get back in town.
Aaron.